What's new
What's new

How to pierce 6” square tube

true temper

Stainless
As seen on the web!
ec1b3f34f39e7c84e4378ae09133243c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is not the first one of those we have seen.

We repaired one in a brand new building for a customer 15 or 20 yrs. ago.

His forklift driver had better aim and hit it straight-on.

We keep all of our building supports wrapped in a 24" diameter concrete blanket 48" high with rebar drilled into footing below. We've still had forklifts manage to shear one off its footing a time or two.

On a related note, about 20 years ago I worked in some buildings that were connected by elevated skybridges. The internal mail was carried throughout the complex on electric vehicles with a stand-up drivers position. You could tell the mail route by the crushed exterior corners on cubicle walls and the places where the metal frames of fire doors between buildings had been ripped from the concrete walls. Heaven help the pedestrian who got a leg pinned between the calf-high skirt on the mail cart and a wall.

When HR decided to hire 18-year-old girls instead of 18-year-old boys for the job of mail driver, the amount of building damage dropped off dramatically.

Saw similar in a lumber yard, only it was wooden power company pole! Fork came out the back about 2 feet. The power company cut the pole off the forktruck.

At a greenhouse I worked in they had to institute a dress policy after the forklift driver did that, while watching the girls in the greenhouse working in just a G-string bikini! Hot and sweaty job.

Back