What's new
What's new

how to remove carriage bearings on a TCM forklif FG 25 N5

D KIRBY

Aluminum
Maybe someone with prior experience could give me an idea as to how the 2 outer carriage bearings on a TCM Fg25N5 can be removed.

I thought maybe the end of the stud that holds the bearing on might just of had a c clip to hold the bearing on the stud BUT I could not find any such item.
I would not think that they are just pressed on,or are they?

Not that it makes any difference but I need to replace the left bearing on this unit and any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help. Dave

Do you have a pic? I haven’t messed with this particular model, but have worked on lots of mast.
Is it a roller mounted on the outside of the mast? I know we have a Taylor with these outside bearings, and they are held on by a washer plug welded onto the shaft.

Most that I have seen used a snap ring to hold the shims and load roller in place.
Dirt and grease get packed in pretty tight.
It may take some serious cleaning to see what is going on.

Just reporting back to help clear this up.
I did clean up the area around the bearing very well because I assumed that a clip had to hold the bearing on to the stud but there was no clip and there are no shims either.

Sorry no pics, but there are 2 bearings on the outside of the carriage and they run on the outside of the mast and that prevents the forks from tipping side to side.

I am very sure that at one time there had to be a clip holding the bearing on but it is MIA so it must be gravity and a press fit on the stud holding everything on.

If these run on the outside of the channel, they may be more like a cam follower where the shaft is part of the bearing assembly.
Look for a way to unscrew the shaft from the carriage.

If these run on the outside of the channel, they may be more like a cam follower where the shaft is part of the bearing assembly.
Look for a way to unscrew the shaft from the carriage.

Keyster, that could be a possibility with the shaft but there is no way to grab on to it other than with maybe a pair of visegrips. There is no hex or slots just a rounded end. That is why I thought for sure they had to use a c clip of some kind.

Back