What's new
What's new

Hydraulic pump Yale forklift ID help

Teddy Fabulous

Plastic
Good day fellow members.
I've been stump for the last 3 years trying to ID a hydraulic pump for my forklift. Its a 1968 yale G82c -20 serial 167537. The hydraulic pump was made by cessna. The model number is 24200 2c I have not seen a pump like this before or even a replacement that comes close. I don't want to get rid of my lift because it is perfect for what a need and used it for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

IMG_0313.jpgIMG_0316 (1).jpgIMG_0317.jpgIMG_0311.jpgIMG_0309.jpg

Last edited:
Hyd pumps are usually not rocket science. Unless there are broken gear teeth of course, or galled housings and shafts, with a little effort, some surface grinding on the worm end plates and/or housings, and they can be reworked enough to get them back in service. Might be a 5 year project for you, but hey....

Eaton bought the cessna hydraulic division some many yrs ago. Hope that helps with your search

When you are in the hydraulic repair business ,you quickly learn to "not" recognize old machine specific pumps......complete waste of time ,because the machine they are fitted to isnt worth anything,and you waste time time on the pump,only to be met with shock horror...how could it cost that much?.....If you have a decent workshop ,you will be able to adapt another pump.......however ,at a glance ,the OEM pump seems to have a demand flow /splitter valve inn the end ,probably to work the steering .The simple way round this is stacked pumps,the steering usually a small vane pump,mounted on a bigger gear ,or axial piston for lift and tilt.

Take it apart and see what's wrong with it. What was the problem? leaking or low pressure? If it is just leaking, that's an easy fix. If you have low pressure and/or flow it could be more involved. Usually the plates and end of the gears are worn, from years of use and contaminates in the oil.

My guess it is a custom pump made for Clark. I would start looking for vendors that handle and/or recondition used forklift parts.

Take it apart and see what's wrong with it. What was the problem? leaking or low pressure? If it is just leaking, that's an easy fix. If you have low pressure and/or flow it could be more involved. Usually the plates and end of the gears are worn, from years of use and contaminates in the oil.

That's what I'm saying. A lot of times, the end plates can be skim milled back flat and/or surface ground to restore adequate performance. BEEN there DONE that and it's a whole lot cheaper than buying a new pump. If the gears are worn out, then thats usually a deal breaker.

Put the unit ID on notification on as many sites as you can find......the are many ex owners ,parts accumulators ,junk dealers who may have nos or good condition used bits.

yo what are those websites on parts info... have tried those?
was gonna say as said by john.k , try other forums or manuals at reliable-store, chilton, haynes, idk if i name other forums i might get blocked..

Back