What's new
What's new

Interesting curtain side truck came today... (photos)

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Somehow even with just 14 feet this guy is making a living hauling what have you. The cover is all aluminum supports which appear to disassemble for open flatbed use.

IMG_8319-1.jpg IMG_8321-1.jpgIMG_8328-1.jpg IMG_8329.jpg

Anyone else terrified just looking at photo #2?
Fear not, m'man...that is THE way to lift a Moore jig grinder (or bore).... the bars are forged pry bars, one of which is hex (thus the machine cannot roll off).... forklift is 15,500 capacity with almost new 6' forks....was actually very stable and easy load.... I only wish all my iron "material handling" episodes were so safe and easy....

Fear not, m'man...that is THE way to lift a Moore jig grinder (or bore).... the bars are forged pry bars, one of which is hex (thus the machine cannot roll off).... forklift is 15,500 capacity with almost new 6' forks....was actually very stable and easy load.... I only wish all my iron "material handling" episodes were so safe and easy....

OK. Thanks! I shall now stop worrying. :)

these "lego" tents are quite standard in the old world, this is how my old Mikron got delivered, sides disassemble and top is retractable like a curtain, in my case when they loaded the machine up they moved the roof curtain to the front, used an overhead crane to lift the machine sort of half way in, then moved the roof to the back end of the truck, lifted the machine again and moved it to the front (this WF41 weighs around 3.5t)

unloaded it the same way in reverse, a large truck with hydraulic manipulator parked next to the flat bed, used his arm to lift the mill up slightly, the truck drove slowly forwards till the mill was half way on the flat bed, lowered the mill, re positioned the roof (this opens the back end of the tent completely) and lifted the mill again, the truck drove away and the manipulator arm then swung the mill on its own bed to take it to my place

IMG-20170419-WA0000.jpg

Single rear tires ???

The scary thing to me is single rear tires !! Don's machine was towards the front so rear was not taking most of the weight. But if they loaded something else fairly heavy also !!!!! And if I'm not mistaken that style truck is FWD ?

Trick noted. Thanks!

Presumably long distance.... not sure as he didn't speak English but he was Ohio based and had a dispacher (who did speak English)

We have a lot of Polish people in Chicago an old joke goes, "Hey Stash how long you been in the states"? Stash replies, "Four six flats"! (Four six unit apartment buildings for those who don't speak Chicago.)

What does that Moore weigh?

I was looking at used Dodge Promaster 3500s a few months back. Chassis cabs, some with a flatbed and some just bare chassis. Looking at the chassis I just couldn't believe they are capable of 5100 lbs payload , even though I believe this payload figure does not include the weight of a flatbed. Compared to a 350SD or 350SD Ford or a 2500HD or 3500HD Chevy or Ram pickup the Ram/Renault promaster build looks much lighter duty.

Sleeper above the cab?

Appears as though it might be. It's hard to tell but in one photo there is a darker colored rectangle just about level with the air foil that could be a curtain for access.

If so, certainly much more austere than the fancy sleepers behind the cab on the big long haul rigs.

Quite a clever rig overall.

Back