What's new
What's new

KOMATSU forklift

m16ty

Hot Rolled
Anybody know anything about KOMATSU forklifts? I picked up this little 10k machine yesterday for $250. All it needs is a battery and a couple of mast rollers. Tires aren’t the best but should last a little while.

Just looking it over, the overall design of a lot of things seems different than other lifts I’ve ever been around. It’s got a massive (for the forklift’s size) 6 cylinder engine, where most lifts of that size would have a 4 cylinder.

Attachments

• AB124CDF-5FE1-44AC-AD97-D8F49BD8A6E5.jpg
    AB124CDF-5FE1-44AC-AD97-D8F49BD8A6E5.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 314
I have the 3500 lb air tire version of that and it's been a real good lift. Mine has the 4 cyl Nissan. 12 gajillion hours, no blowby, sips propane.

Mine has a perfectly sized opening in the counterweight to insert a 6" square tube. 500 lbs 10' out and mine becomes a 10K pounder as well.

Our lifts run 8-12 hours everyday in structural steel yard/shop, so if they can make it 15 years I would say all and all good trucks. replacing with doosans because the new komatsu sample lift we got is not the same league as the older ones.
The doosans are nice and new, still the remaining komats are beast comparatively. The pick rating is just a suggestion with them.

We have a Komatsu propane forks here too. I think it belonged to Adam & Eve :)
I have tried searching about for a Serial Number to order some parts but am stumped. Would anyone know where this might have been hidden, or where I might start scratching the paint off? We bought it used 20 yrs ago but it had been repainted and the plate is missing. It has a propane/petrol Nissan engine which I have managed to find a number on, but cannot find chassis number.
I'll try attach some pictures...IMG_20191113_185735.jpgIMG_20191113_185018.jpg

We have a Komatsu propane forks here too. I think it belonged to Adam & Eve :)
I have tried searching about for a Serial Number to order some parts but am stumped. Would anyone know where this might have been hidden, or where I might start scratching the paint off? We bought it used 20 yrs ago but it had been repainted and the plate is missing. It has a propane/petrol Nissan engine which I have managed to find a number on, but cannot find chassis number.
I'll try attach some pictures...View attachment 269941View attachment 269942

That looks exactly like mine. Mine doesn't have an ID plate either, but the business I bought it from told me it was an FG25HT-14 mid to late 1980's.

We have a Komatsu lift that looks similar.

The ID plate on it is attached to that engine cover just to the right of the seat.

Hi CatMan

This forklift has been re-painted (probably more than once) and has no plate fitted anymore. Just the holes where it was.
I've done a search of images using Garwood's suggestion. The closest image I can find is FG25-8.

Back