Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default KOMATSU forklift

Anybody know anything about KOMATSU forklifts? I picked up this little 10k machine yesterday for $250. All it needs is a battery and a couple of mast rollers. Tires arenít the best but should last a little while.

Just looking it over, the overall design of a lot of things seems different than other lifts Iíve ever been around. Itís got a massive (for the forkliftís size) 6 cylinder engine, where most lifts of that size would have a 4 cylinder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ab124cdf-5fe1-44ac-ad97-d8f49bd8a6e5.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have the 3500 lb air tire version of that and it's been a real good lift. Mine has the 4 cyl Nissan. 12 gajillion hours, no blowby, sips propane.

Mine has a perfectly sized opening in the counterweight to insert a 6" square tube. 500 lbs 10' out and mine becomes a 10K pounder as well.

3. Likes m16ty liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Our lifts run 8-12 hours everyday in structural steel yard/shop, so if they can make it 15 years I would say all and all good trucks. replacing with doosans because the new komatsu sample lift we got is not the same league as the older ones.
    The doosans are nice and new, still the remaining komats are beast comparatively. The pick rating is just a suggestion with them.

5. Likes m16ty liked this post