What's new
What's new

Lift And Load Trucking, Servicing the Midwest CNC Pick up & Delivery

IndyDan

Aluminum
Hello Everyone Lift And Load Trucking carries along a 15,000
Lift capacity forklift that can come to your desired location and Load your CNC Machine and deliver it to where you need it and unload it.

Truck can carry 30,000 without forklift included, if forklift
Is included Forklift weighs 20,000 pounds.

Dan

Most trailers IIRc can haul 40k legally down the road.

Why is yours only 30k ?

Obviously because his truck and trailer are not what'd fit in your category of 'most' trailers.

If he' got a trailer suitable for driving a forklift ONTO, then it's a specialty transport, like a Landoll roll-back. Because of the equipment and structure necessary, they have a higher tare weight, thus a lesser capacity.

Obviously because his truck and trailer are not what'd fit in your category of 'most' trailers.

If he' got a trailer suitable for driving a forklift ONTO, then it's a specialty transport, like a Landoll roll-back. Because of the equipment and structure necessary, they have a higher tare weight, thus a lesser capacity.

I am fully aware of what trucks/trailers are available along with max weights, and when
an overweight permit is necessary, and how much farther you can go.

Seems like a pretty in-efficient the combination the OP has, let's hear
from him eh ? Maybe he works cheap.

Hello Everyone Lift And Load Trucking carries along a 15,000
Lift capacity forklift that can come to your desired location and Load your CNC Machine and deliver it to where you need it and unload it.

Truck can carry 30,000 without forklift included, if forklift
Is included Forklift weighs 20,000 pounds.

Dan

What was the point of posting this?

This isn't your outfit is it?

Did you recently use them for something maybe?

Fella's, Dan builds Polaris motors for the most part.
I doubt this is his side business, but maybe ... ???
Google doesn't find anything ....

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I still kick around the idea of doing this same thing. It's kinda like every other venture though. You have the small time guys who want someone cheap, but are pretty easy to work with. Then you have the big guys with deep pockets, but they already have a relationship with someone who has nice equipment and lots of experience.

Someday.

Probably a straight truck roll back.

In TN, with a 4 axle straight truck, you can haul around 30k.

With our truck and Landoll trailer, I can haul right at 42k, if you place it just right.

What was the point of posting this?

This isn't your outfit is it?

Did you recently use them for something maybe?

Fella's, Dan builds Polaris motors for the most part.
I doubt this is his side business, but maybe ... ???
Google doesn't find anything ....

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Hey Sorry guys I figured I would get an email if someone posted here.

OX is correct, Polaris CNC machine shop is our main business- yes this is my Truck & Forklift.

I have a good friend ( the driver ) who is 64 years old and he is a good driver / rigger. He wanted something to do so I bought it . Our area was short on companies that have a truck/forklift with these lift and haul abilities to pick up a 10 to 15,000 pound machine and
Deliver it.

Yes Dave is correct - it's a tandom axle Rollback

You can't carry 30,000 on a tandem rollback. Maybe 25,000 if you do it just right. Might get 30,000 on a 4 axles truck. Good old bridge law holding us all back.

Picking up my 600 and 1000 Hardinge mills.
I'm sure there's at least 40K on the deck.

IMG_1458.jpg

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Yeah, it is.
It's not mine, but I think that it is 11'6" roughly.

I think that they use it to replace the light bulb in the moon once a month?

Edit:

That may not be the 11'6" one. That one looks to be about 10'.
They had a taller one for a while that was 13.5 rated.
I don't think they took the "over height" load this far away.
This was 6 hrs from home.

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

3?

I know that Dan said Tandem Rollback, which is apparently std term for a truck, but he also said that Dave was right, and by that I read it that he meant a tandem axle rollback trailer.

???

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

This is what I would call a tandem rollback.

Here in Illinois, you get 20,000 on the steer and 34,000 on the tandems. But, very few trucks have a 20,000 lb steer axle. Most are 12,000, some are 16,000. So, you can gross 50,000 lbs or so. They weigh 25,000+ lbs empty. So you can haul about 25,000 on the well spec'd truck.

LW28X102RB-Hybrid3-1.jpg

This is what I would call a tandem rollback.

Here in Illinois, you get 20,000 on the steer and 34,000 on the tandems. But, very few trucks have a 20,000 lb steer axle. Most are 12,000, some are 16,000. So, you can gross 50,000 lbs or so. They weigh 25,000+ lbs empty. So you can haul about 25,000 on the well spec'd truck.

LW28X102RB-Hybrid3-1.jpg

Nice Truck !

OX, I was mistaken that's about exactly like my truck with a 20,000 pound front axle.

I do not know the weight rules very well, but the driver does.

Thanks for the info.

Dan

Back