What's new
What's new

lifting diagram for shipping a machine lying down

Obliu

Plastic
hello, i hope this is the correct section to post in
I need to ship a machine in a container but the machine is 2.5meters tall so i need to lay it down.

laying down the machine is not a problem, it's only ~500kg and i just use the 2 lifting point on top to push it down or to lift it back up, but I've been asked to specify it on the machine manual and i have no idea of how it's usually done, I wasn't able to find any example googling; now i just have a simple drawing on the manual that indicates the 2 eyebolt on top but noting specific when the machine is laying down.

anyone know if i need to specify it on the manual and how it's usually done?

thanks and sorry for my terrible english

hello, i hope this is the correct section to post in
I need to ship a machine in a container but the machine is 2.5meters tall so i need to lay it down.

laying down the machine is not a problem, it's only ~500kg and i just use the 2 lifting point on top to push it down or to lift it back up, but I've been asked to specify it on the machine manual and i have no idea of how it's usually done, I wasn't able to find any example googling; now i just have a simple drawing on the manual that indicates the 2 eyebolt on top but noting specific when the machine is laying down.

anyone know if i need to specify it on the manual and how it's usually done?

thanks and sorry for my terrible english

Something like lifting using the existing bolts (2) and then a nylon strap around the base, to enable
the tilting. Some customers might want to remove it from the pallet still laying down, and then upright
it at the final location (where there is enough height and a crane).

So imagine a rigger removing it with straps hooked around the forks, transporting it in the building,
then up righting it.

Show the diagram for this operation, should answer the questions.

I don't know how it is in your country, but rolling over, and uprighting are some things
that need careful consideration in the USofA.

What machine?
it's basically just a tall welded frame with a few idle rollers and 2 motorized abrasive rollers that will be put in an extrusion line for corrugated plastic sheet (the one you use to separate layers of stuff on a pallet

Something like lifting using the existing bolts (2) and then a nylon strap around the base, to enable
the tilting.
When laid down, you should probably construct a wood support for it to rest upon/in, a cradle.

It's basically what i do now,i tilt it on a pallet with 2 wooden support to keep it in place and bolt it down then wrap it with a barrier bag. My problem is not how to do it, it's just that it is the first time i got asked to specify the procedure on the manual of the machine and i absolutely have no idea how it's usually done and i wasn't able to find anything googling

If this is a custom machine then the customer just wants to know the official procedure for doing it.

If they invented their own way and did it wrong, they would be liable.

They want to do it per your instructions so if anything goes wrong then the responsibility is back to the OEM (you).

I think you could either take some digital photos or else a drawing showing horizontal and vertical positions.

The machine always rotates about the center of mass. However if that's misaligned it can get wobbly or swing because it suddenly shifts if the machine is picked straight up (like with a forklift + slings) and then the contact point to the ground is lost.

Back