What's new
What's new

Lifting point for CNC bridgeport?

snapatap

Aluminum
I have a CNC bridgeport to move, but not sure where the lifting point is. The square hole in the picture below looks like it is about center or gravity, do i but a bar through there to lift it?
IMG_4386.jpg

That hole is about centered vertically where the lifting bolthole would be on the arm of a smaller BP. So I would guess it is a lifting sling site.
Bill D

But without a spreader the sling will crush the upper belt housing. I have the same machine. The dealer I bought if from use two stout bars, one through each slot, and ran the forklift forks on each side of the head, coming in from the front. Made it real easy to land the machine right where we wanted it. Our machine was too tall to go through a door. We set the machine on pipes and used the same lifting points to pick the head and ram off, rolled the base through the door, lowered the forks to drive the head through the door, and the reassembled the machine in the tool shop and lifted the whole deal again to position it, all without changing the position of the forks. Slicker than snot on a doorknob. As I recall we had one bar clamped to the forks to keep it from sliding.
Good luck with the move.
Dennis

Back