What's new
What's new

LP Fork Truck Won't Stay Running - Tip

Ox

Diamond
I have an older (70's?) truck that didn't run so good, so I had the used truck dealer take it in and put a new carb and whatnot on it.
It ran pretty good after that, for a while....

It didn't like to stay idleing very well, or at least not for very long. Made it real hard to navigate around the pallet racking and all the equipment on the floor in my wherehouse/barn.

Then my other [fork] truck needed a new batt, so - around here we have a hierarchy when it comes to batts.
My main diesel truck gets the new ones, and the ones that were in it are hand-me-downs.

So I had 2 batts to find new homes for, and the one in this little (5K) truck was acting funny too, so that got the second batt.

This thing hasn't ran this good in quite some time!
All I did was change the battery!
(to an 875 Interstate!)

I don't quite git it as it always had plenty of power to start/restart. It never acted like it had a weak battery, and I would like to think that once it's started, that the alt/gen would carry it from there. Obviously that works well as I had to keep restarting that thing all the time, and it never gave issue with getting it started, so ...

???

Just putin' it out there

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Makes sense if ballast resistor equipped.

Starts on full battery voltage (down as that might be) But then the voltage to the coil gets beaten down by the resistor till the spark is just barely enough to overcome compression. (40% of 11 volts is never enough ;-)

Back