What's new
What's new

Machine mover

How heavy is the lathe? Is it a Craftsmen, or a large L&S?

Can you forklift onto a truck or do you need a machine mover and his forklift?

The lathe is a Cadillac CL 16X30 Gap Bed Lathe,2007 Model.
The specification sheet states weight at 3313 pounds, 71" long, 30" wide, 45" high. I am asking the seller for more information, and I expect to need a machine mover/rigger at both pick up and delivery.

That is an area where I used to live. The Dunkel Brothers are pretty much the gold standard machinery movers there, they definitely aren't a discount outfit. I used them twice, very professional and well equipped.

The lathe is a Cadillac CL 16X30 Gap Bed Lathe,2007 Model.
The specification sheet states weight at 3313 pounds, 71" long, 30" wide, 45" high. I am asking the seller for more information, and I expect to need a machine mover/rigger at both pick up and delivery.

If the sellor has a 4K# forklift they could get the lathe onto a truck easy enough. Obviuosly it would want to be strapped onto a skid.

If not getting a rigger to come out and use his forklift to put the lathe onto the truck is going to run you at least $3-500.

For moving the machine north, try Uship.com Put down exactly what your requirements are, where from, where to etc and see what bids you get. the more flexible you are with pickup/delivery dates the cheaper the quote.

Back