Make your own Air Skates? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the info... I dont 1000's to throw at it... so Ill either have to look for/make bigger skates or just live with what I got. I dont move enough stuff often enough to be worth thousands sunk into it.

Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you put a 6 ton or so machine on 3 of the larger 8"X12" or thereabout size Hilmans it's pretty easy for one person to move and maneuver it. I have a '67 14x102 Pacemaker that weighs right at 6 tons and have moved it a few times around my shop by myself without working too hard. 3 of my machines are in the 20 ton range and they take some fair pushing/pulling with a forklift to move around.

Things I have seen with Hilmans-

People trying to use 4 of them under one machine (why do they come in sets of 4 anyway?)

a lot of people just don't get how you turn with them. They think they steer like a car. They work nothing like that. two skates always pivot about the third. It's simple when you get that part down.

They will work OK through dirt and metal chips, but the effort goes way up. If you clean and oil them instead of letting them sit full of grit they roll a lot easier.