What's new
What's new

moving heavy materials from blocks to machinery versatle hoist

Before one of our friendly moderators drops the hammer on your fourth attempt at spamming this site, let me congratulate you for building the most awkward and overly complex engine hoist Ive ever seen.

Before one of our friendly moderators drops the hammer on your fourth attempt at spamming this site, let me congratulate you for building the most awkward and overly complex engine hoist Ive ever seen.

+1 on that... that's just plain nuts...and the block isn't even close to straight

Well,you got it up there.
Took a time but ok, you made it in the end.
Now what are you going to do?
Work on the block?
A bit impractical standing beween the ledgers and under the hoist arm, dont you think?
By the way, you couldnt find a smaller, lighter block?
Try the contraption on a complete straight 6 or v 8, but stand clear as you will get hurt from the block breacking the flimsy construction that is supposed to hold it.

All in all the engineering sucks, the contraption is totally impractical, but i like the colour.

If the OP hadn't asked for opinions I wouldn't offer one but holy crap! The more I watched, the funnier it got! "I could have done it 10 minutes"??? I have hoists all over my shop that can do that job with a complete motor in 1 minute. I loved the actual insertion of the post in the engine stand. Ugh, ugh, grunt, ok stand on the thing now, pull harder, c'mon you SOB, ah success! God will get me for this but it was just too funny. Did you get a bowl of soup with that hat?

Sounds like fun but if you expect us to watch a video it might be a good idea to give a link or at least tell us were to look. If that is the quality of support I can expect no way would I buy one from you.
Bill D.

So i finally figured out where this video was hiding. If others had not said they saw something I would have assumed you forgot to post the link or address. i will help you twice in one post.

American Engine 001 - YouTube

And since you left the radio on, instead of having any useful commentary, I can hear your add for "invent help". I assume this is just a spam for that company which ways it will help you patent and sell a new idea.
Bill D.

I looked at the video, as much as I could endure. There was an unfortuneate choice of laugh track at the beginning that gooned your attempt at instruction. Perhaps a paid narrator could explain what you are doing, because the laugh track doomed your attempts to the comedy bin. Perhaps you could ditch the ratchet and choose an airgun or electric wrench to show how advanced your product is. Then you could get a young girl to demonstrate how easy it is to use your product. From my angle, your body motion showed, how difficult, tiring and laughable using the green monster would be for me. Gong!!!!!

I looked at the video, as much as I could endure. There was an unfortuneate choice of laugh track at the beginning that gooned your attempt at instruction. Perhaps a paid narrator could explain what you are doing, because the laugh track doomed your attempts to the comedy bin. Perhaps you could ditch the ratchet and choose an airgun or electric wrench to show how advanced your product is. Then you could get a young girl to demonstrate how easy it is to use your product. From my angle, your body motion showed, how difficult, tiring and laughable using the green monster would be for me. Gong!!!!!

That was the Bob and Tom show,ha,ha.
Crap,that guy lives in my town,,,,,

Honest to God, this is hilarious. Can it possibly be serious?? SNL could not have come up with better. Skip all the way to minute 10, the first ten minutes is devoted only to positioning this time-saving break-through device in place. The Invent Help ad in the background is icing on the cake.

unfortunately just not good. Not practical and as others have said overcomplicated a handy tool (the original lift). You might was well take all your add ons off and return the tool to its' original purpose and usefulness.

He had my attention when I saw the laptop mounted on top of the tool box! I thought he had gone the extra mile and written software to control the hoist, wench AND the light!

I kept waiting for the computer to play the theme from 2001 Space Odyssey when it detected insertion and complete docking of the shaft!

I wonder when he will realize that if he just rotated that light another 90 degrees the hydraulic cylinder would not block the beam so much... Oh... that's a feature for version 364.......

Last edited:
Even before I had a forklift it was a 3 minute job to put a 1200 pound diesel engine on my stand. And that stand will rotate that engine around effortlessly by hand. Takes longer to chase the bolt holes in the block then to lift and bolt it up.

Back