What's new
What's new

Genie Scissor Lift Puzzling Issue

PositiveEnergy

Plastic
Having a puzzling issue with a Genie 2632 electric scissor lift with Genie's Smart Link diagnostics box

For some reason, Ground controls (GCON) works when key is turned to the right
But when key is turned to the left for PCON nothing happens, no LCD, nothing.
So we can have the lift go up and down from the ground (but no driving because there is no joystick on the GCON)

The odd thing is in right/GCON mode, the Platform controls box does show "CH" on its LED in Red and the diagnostics show that the joystick is getting voltage.

Have changed the 3 prong switch for the key and updated the software. Us and the local dealer's tech and the other dealer that we bought it from are stumped.

Broken wire perhaps?

The wiring between the base and the platform controls is a major weak point on scissor lifts. The dealer may be stumped because it is an unusual failure in this case they haven't seen before.

Does the dealer have access to the manufacturer's tech bulletins? Often they have details of odd failures seen and reported by other customers' techs.

When I bought my scissor lift I went old enough that the control box is "dumb".

I also rented a couple Genie's before deciding I would not own one and bought a JLG.

Find someone with same lift and swap control boxes.

I work for the local Genie dealer, and have only had to work on one of these for a control problem, and that was a few years ago. I remember that "CH" was on the display at some point & that I spent an hour or so looking for it in the manual, (as I did again tonight). If I remember correctly, The "CH" means "calibrate handle". This is not, of course, found anywhere in the Genie service manuals that I have, but if you go to the Genie website, you can download the correct manual for your unit, (based on serial #). At the beginning of section 4, is the procedures for setting function speeds and software configurations. Start with trying to set the software. I had to replace, then calibrate the platform control assembly, but I don't remember what the symptom was.
Good Luck,

Ted

Back