What's new
What's new

Rigger recommendation in queens NY?

Brandenberger

Hot Rolled
Hi,

I have a Van Norman 12 mill (1800lbs or so) waiting for me in an old factory in queens, NY, but it will require an insured rigger to get it out.

Anyone have a good, reasonably priced rigger nearby?

I've talked to Pedowitz already, they are willing but twice the price of the machine to move. The place is not ground level, has a loading dock, uneven wood floors, no pallet jacks or forklifts, so not as easy as rolling the machines on pipes to a door and winching onto a car wrecker truck.

Thanks!
Phil

I would think with the cost of property in that area and the worst traffic in the USA riggers are probably going to be expensive.

I have not seen the site but it might be as easy as rolling it to the door and loading on a roll back tow truck. For the uneven wood floor get several stripe of 1/8 steel a couple inches wide . Lay then on the floor and roll the machine on the path made by the steel. Use 4 pieces and you can relay your tack as far as you want to go. Most roll back tow trucks also have a wheel lift stinger on the back so they can carry one car and tow a second. The wheel lift stinger can also be used to raise the rear of the truck so it can be raised to the height of a loading dock. I have used roll backs at loading docks many times to move machine tools and they ideal for the job because they can match the dock height exactly

I have not seen the site but it might be as easy as rolling it to the door and loading on a roll back tow truck. For the uneven wood floor get several stripe of 1/8 steel a couple inches wide . Lay then on the floor and roll the machine on the path made by the steel. Use 4 pieces and you can relay your tack as far as you want to go. Most roll back tow trucks also have a wheel lift stinger on the back so they can carry one car and tow a second. The wheel lift stinger can also be used to raise the rear of the truck so it can be raised to the height of a loading dock. I have used roll backs at loading docks many times to move machine tools and they ideal for the job because they can match the dock height exactly

Hi,

Thanks. I hadn't considered the rollback truck platform would be high enough to match the loading dock height, but that makes sense and could be easier. I've moved my bridgeport and surface grinder that way but never from a loading dock.

Thanks!
-Phil

Back