Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is a good answer, I only have my one truck for commuting and everything, but will see if landlord would object to my car-sized forklift trailer or something similar parked there. And I won’t ask upfront, that’s the sure kiss of death, just put it there and I’m betting they won’t call.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Modelman View Post
    All while humming Lincoln Park Pirates​ by Steve Goodman

Dennis

My favorite performer. Left us way too soon.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've moved vehicles with forklifts before, it was with the owners permission though. Best way is to have long enough forks to pick from underneath. You've just got to watch what is under there and block where necessary as not to damage anything. Any sort of slings and lifting from overhead is going to at least scuff the paint at the minimum.

As for somebody illegal parking, I'd just call a tow truck and let them deal with it. Even though you want to just stab the forks through the windows and move it.

4. Likes Mud liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I remember this one happening not far from where I was working at the time. Made the national news. All you need is the motivation and some long tines.
    Workers Move Legally Parked Car With A Forklift! - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If we're taking votes for best answer - my vote is for BobW's suggestions! Very funny. Bob must have had a slow day to think that stuff up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a bar next to my Tx shop that used to have busy Sunday nights that overflowed their parking lot, so the idiots would block my driveway. Numerous times I had to go over there, stop the band and have them ask the crowd to please move the cars. One night I had had enough, fired up Simba and moved 3 cars across the road into the ditch, they have not blocked my driveway since

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Going back a few years my dad had enough of an idiot blocking his access,a trolley jack under the car moved it two streets away and neatly parked it illegally on a busy road junction.

An uncle went one better around the same time,a car blocking access to his haulage yard got fork lifted on to a raised flower bed in the centre of a main road.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I used to have this problem at my last shop location. Forklift works fine with 72" blades but you really should put a wide pallet on the blades to even out the pressure under the car.

So simply move the car out of the driveway into the middle of the street. As the shop was on a dead end, stolen cars were sometimes left there, so call the cops to report a possible stolen vehicle, car is either towed or owner comes back later and sees car in middle of street does not repeat poor parking.

We had a security camera pointing to the street so sometimes watched the action from the shop.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had a problem with cars left in my parking area and even though i had no parking signs up a Tow company told me I had to have a Police Report before they would tow cars.
    I started dragging and leaving them in a corner where they were hard to get out.They got the message.

11. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

cut a piece if bicycle inner tube about 12 inches long. trim one end to a'V' point about 45 degree cuts. Lip it over the exhaust on the vehhicle. When they start it up, It will make a buzz or if just right a farting sound. As they drive and it gets hot, a burning rubber smell starts. By the time they stop to see what is going on, the tube should get hot and fall off of the pipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miranda View Post
    If we're taking votes for best answer - my vote is for BobW's suggestions! Very funny. Bob must have had a slow day to think that stuff up!
    I wish there was a slow day... 10:08 on a Saturday night and I'm making parts.. And I am SOOOO happy,
    it just MAKING parts... No baby sitting jobs.. SLAM, RUN, SLAM, RUN....

8 years of the most horrible stuff I've ever experienced.. doesn't take much of an imagination..
    I lived it.

Here's another one.. Just break into the car owners house and steal the title(s).
    No idea where there idea came from?

Post #15
    How many of those things did you do to your ex partner?
    ZIP, ZERO, ZILCH and none. Straight up, legal and above-board.. I'm
    not a thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of the car mechanics in the street came and borrowed my forklift ,and placed a car out into the street.The first I knew was the cops busting in and arresting me for "car theft,illegal use of a motor vehicle".....managed to sort out that with a costly lawyer,then the cops busted me for "failing to secure the forklift to prevent an unauthorized use"....nothing happened to the mechanics,cause they "see nothing,know nothing"......The towies a much better option,cause they cut the cops into the action,and no legal trouble ensues."

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Make a anonymous call to the FBI and let them know about a suspicious vehicle. They will check it out. Most of those guys like to get out of the office.

I think some old bag did that to me because I told her to get away from my dogs in the truck. Two agents came to my house and started to question me. They got the business address wrong where the complaint was made. Then they asked me why I was at the business. I told them that is where I usually go to shop for my explosives and detonators. Then they asked me if I spoke any foreign languages like Farsi.
    Last edited by rons; 05-06-2018 at 02:10 PM.

16. Likes dalmatiangirl61, tdmidget, Ox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jam a potatoe in the exhaust. Push that bitch as far in as you can get it. Then you can be a nice guy, and "move" his car out of the way, while he waits for a tow truck. I have moved a few cars with my fork truck. One got the forks run through the door. That was a good day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They used a 'mater in Thaddeus Rose and Eddie. (Johnny Cash movie)

Eventually blew out and hit someone (an old lady?) in the chest, and she thought that she'd been shot.

Cheap movie....

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox