Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've bent pallet jacks when overloading them. I think that would be very easy to do with two pallet jacks. That gets expensive. Never had much luck getting them straight again.

I finally bought some cheap chinese skates and toe jack. Amazon and eBay and was probably around $300 or $400 for three skates and a toe jack. Previously I had rented basically the same Chinese stuff from neighboring shop for $75 a day. But never had the time to wait to get my own in. Finished the last job and just bought them to have on hand for next time I need them. Having previously paid multiple times that in last minute rentals.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter from Holland View Post
    The machine cannot not tumble over
    Oh yes it can ... turn the corner even a little too sharp with pallet jacks and they tip sideways very easy. They are tricycles, which is not a stable arrangement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Oh yes it can ... turn the corner even a little too sharp with pallet jacks and they tip sideways very easy. They are tricycles, which is not a stable arrangement.
    That will not tip your machine over which is hardly from the ground
    Why would it tip sideways He is doing no corners Also it is easy to compensate the bending of the bars with the thickness of the wood
    Slow and slow Thats the way
    (And I was always thinking a triangle was the most stable of them all )

Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter from Holland View Post
    That will not tip your machine over which is hardly from the ground
    Why would it tip sideways He is doing no corners Also it is easy to compensate the bending of the bars with the thickness of the wood
    Slow and slow Thats the way
    (And I was always thinking a triangle was the most stable of them all )

Peter
    The whole advantage/safety to a pallet jack is pick it up just enough to clear the ground, usually less than an inch. If it isn't balanced to do that, reposition the pallet jack(s). If someone is dumb enough to jack something up 6" unsupported on a pallet jack and attempt to move it, they shouldn't be attempting to move anything. I've moved bridgeports, lathes, top-heavy overhead sander, (these with appropriate skids that a pallet jack will get under, bolted to the machine to stabilize during shipping), and a VMC using pallet-jack, skids and rollback wrecker (the highly adjustable deck height, heavy winch and hold-downs of a rollback are handy).

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by car2 View Post
    The whole advantage/safety to a pallet jack is pick it up just enough to clear the ground, usually less than an inch.
    Pallet jack by itself is three inches high or so, so I wonder how you do that ... and anyone who has driven a tricycle knows how stable they are.

Do as you please, that's fine, but personally I don't like them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He said he sticks bars through the machine and lift there
    What I do if I need to put the palletjack under the machine is bolt or nail some timber under it so the machine only lifts a bit and never can drop more as half a inch

Simple

Peter

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone for the information, and hopefully I'll be able to use it in the future. Unfortunately, the price went higher than I could justify, so no VMC for me yet. But I did get a 6x18 fully hydraulic surface grinder for $100, so at least I got something. Too bad its 5 hours away. Was hoping to win a couple later lots to make the drive worth it, but oh well.