What's new
What's new

My sweet little Hyster 60

KZQ

Plastic
Hi Folks,
I own a Hyster 60 which needs a water pump. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out which motor it has in it. The valve cover says P N 1484444. I'm needin a water pump. Where should I start looking?
Thanks
Bill

If its a flathead ,it will be a Continental F160 ?....I used to get all Continental parts over the counter from Hyster....the water pump was a unit bearing type ,easily fixed with bearing shop bits .

Thanks Guys,
The engine is an overhead valve, four cylinder affair. I believe it's a 1995 model. I had hoped to have the new pump on hand when I tear into it.
Thanks
Bill

Thanks Guys,
The engine is an overhead valve, four cylinder affair. I believe it's a 1995 model. I had hoped to have the new pump on hand when I tear into it.
Thanks
Bill

It most likely is the GM engine but I forgot the series,but that should get someone else's brain in gear? Sorry about that!

Call Hyster, give them the year and serial number. Get the correct part number and buy a new pump on ebay.

best answer right here. Call the company direct and have them help you identify it, then you can look for less, or have the needed information to call and request a rebuild .

Google 1484444 says it's a 3.0 Vortec.

Thats a pretty common GM marine and "off road" engine.

If you google "GM 3.0 waterpump" and look at the images, if that matches the image of your existing waterpump you're probably good to go.

Imo its unlikely that Hyster did anything to the engine other than put on a propane carb and bolt it into their powertrain/transmission.

The Mazda engines were overhead cams, the GM is a pushrod engine. Should be easy to tell.

Thank Guys,
It's a push rod motor so I guess that makes it a GM.
I have another problem. There is some sort of propane warming device, I think that's what it does, It continually whistles. When I depress the brass push button the whistle stops, as does the engine. Where can I learn more about this whistling fuel heater thing?
Thanks in Advance
Bill
Later:
OK the whistle is coming from the regulator. I'm going to run it until the engine's up to temp and see if it stops. The regulator is wet with condensation not quite frost yet.
Thanks
Bill

Last edited:
The regulator/vaporizer should not whistle or ice up- that sounds like a possible leaky diaphram.

The button is a primer button. Don't give it more than a second- it shouldn't be necessary at all.

I'd replace it or put a kit in, they aren't expensive and you don't want any LPG leaks...

Google IMPCO Model J, pretty common on Hysters.

Back