Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default In need of help with an Yale

Hello all

I am in need of some help here. I have an older Yale model #L83F100SBS083, serial #P378430. It has a slant 6 Chrysler and is a propane model. I am having a wiring issue , its dead, my guy running it says it seems like it ran out of propane, changed bottle but that wasn't the problem. After that it wouldn't crank and can jump the starter and it works. Then noticed the wiring block under the dash was melted. We removed the block jumpered wires together still nothing . Looking for a wiring diagram or maintenance manual . I called the nearest Yale equipment dealer and was told its to old that they wont have any info on it and that they would have to call the factory. Still don't know the age , not that it really matters but just curious. Its weight is a little over 14,000 and its right in the middle of the shop floor. The fuses are good, wondering if there's a diffusible link somewhere hidden . Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any ideas or wiring diagram or maybe even a maintenance manual. Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Once you find the reason for "melted", I would look for an interlock switch.

Something like transmission has to be in neutral or a seat switch or a parking brake-set switch that inhibits the starter solenoid. There could be more than one in series.

Now is a good time to start making your own wiring diagram if you don't have one. Its a very simple machine comparatively speaking and having the diagram is going to speed all future troubleshooting events.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you drive it yourslf ...forget about wiring diagrams .....wire the units from basic principles ,minimum connection for running .

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well we got her going, I would like to thank Voss equipment out of Harvey Ill. They got me the electrical drawings and the fuel drawings needed. Anyway what a lot of fun that was. If anyone out there needs help with an Yale you may want to check them out. Just putting that out there. Mike