What's new
What's new

Need to move some equipment, Need help

e-fishin-c

Cast Iron
I purchased some equipment in Billings MT and need to figure out how to get it to N.H. The major piece is palletized, weighs in at 4300# (8’ long, 4’ wide , 6’ tall max) but will need a flat bed truck to be loaded from the side. , the remaining 3 pieces are crates with misc parts Approx 2000#. The Good thing is there is forklift for loading in MT, no rigger needed.

So, being a newbie at shipping I need some guidance on how is the best/right way to move this equipment. Thoughts?

Thanx in advance,
Bill

I have used this broker with good results. Kim Buchwalter, I.M.O.K. Freight, Inc. 937-322-1917

Is there a deadline for removal? If so calling brokers is best way to get things rolling. If you have time, and looking for low cost, I have used U-ship successfully many times. You will get high quotes, but you have to wait for the trucker that is nearby, has half a load and is looking to fill the trailer.

Is there a deadline for removal? If so calling brokers is best way to get things rolling. If you have time, and looking for low cost, I have used U-ship successfully many times. You will get high quotes, but you have to wait for the trucker that is nearby, has half a load and is looking to fill the trailer.

I had an ad on Uship to move a Mori SL3 from Ohio to So Cal, the quotes ranged from $2k-$3.6k, so quite a variation. I wasn't asking for tight pickup/delivery dates so that helps.

Depending on whether your equipment is delicate or not, you might want to ask for an air ride trailer.

Thanx for the help, I was able to contact a broker and the ball is rolling. I wasn’t so much in a tight timeline on my end but the seller had to move it out of their way in a warehouse. The machine coming is a 100hp 460/3ph Schroeder HTB Hydraulic Test Bench

FE6165AB-B6E8-42DB-AF84-E6E61E65E54B.jpg

Attachments

• 1B649EF9-BC86-4E18-AA45-A1A218AAAD39.jpg
    1B649EF9-BC86-4E18-AA45-A1A218AAAD39.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 43

Back