What's new
What's new

Need rigger help in Reading PA, please !

Overland

Stainless
Well I won an auction, now have to start planning !!
I've won a Harrison 540 lathe, (20x80).
According to brochure: just over 5,000 lbs, 10 ft long x 4 ft wide.
I'm coming up from SC with my trailer, to pull it home. Unfortunately they won't let me touch anything without $1m liability & $500k workers comp.
I'm working on pulling in some favors (or adding to existing list of favors owed) down here, but I need "plan B".
Is anyone up there capable of helping me please, (obviously with $ involved) ?
Or can someone give a recommendation, please ?
The listing says the site offers no help whatsoever; so I need a fork lift, etc.
I'll reach out to seller to see if anyone else is bringing in a lift, that we could share costs on etc.
I'm pleased that I got a good price; but trying to avoid spending a fortune getting it on my trailer.
Appreciate any and all help, please.
Bob.
ps It's at the Parker-Hannifin site now.

No Dalmat, no list......
Thanks

I really want to get in there myself to make sure all the "bits and pieces" get picked up. Could amount to serious $$$$
Bob

FWIW Everyone says they want you to carry 2mil liability for things like this (which I do with the business), but not once has anybody ever actually asked me to send them a certificate proving it before letting me show up and remove machines with our own equipment.

Do they not have a list of "approved" riggers?
Maybe a better approach for buyers? It seems like every time I get quotes from the approved riggers at auctions the pricing revolves around the little monopoly they are sitting on. I’ve never run into the “we’re already on site” discount.

FWIW Everyone says they want you to carry 2mil liability for things like this (which I do with the business), but not once has anybody ever actually asked me to send them a certificate proving it before letting me show up and remove machines with our own equipment.
I've had the exact opposite experience on one's where I had lifts dropped for me. Had to include my help on it too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rigging help in PA - All done and home

The place had a gantry crane so loading was easy !.
Unloading into my barn, not so easy !
My buddy has a Jeep with a winch. My shop has doors both ends.
So we parked his Jeep one end and and secured it to a tree.
We blocked my truck and trailer in place, then winched the lathe, to the end of the trailer. Put a floor jack under it, winched some more, then big pipe rollers on a stack of 2x6's.
Then floor jack under the front, then down to the floor.
Took about 4 hours, of very careful work. All good. Got to sell the old Mazak 18x80 now.
I've got a short video, but don't see how to upload it.
Bob

IMG_3355[1].jpgIMG_3364[1].jpgIMG_3365[1].jpg

Back