What's new
What's new

New crane day

true temper

Stainless
It belongs to a friend of mine, i was there to drive the truck to haul the extra boom home. Actually it was a year and a half ago, I never got around to post photos. Looks good for a used one, came from Germany. I don’t know too much about it other than its rated at 290 ton.
00e4e33c2491d27400810f0bf8065d75.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did the job and weights take up another whole flat car or two? I bet she came with a friggen ton of weight.

We was waiting for them to move flat car to stationary dock. The counter weights came in from the Houston port by trucks.

General crane service. There is a lot of natural gas compressor stations around here, with big engines. I have helped set quite a few modular homes on basements. Plus what ever needs lifted.

We was waiting for them to move flat car to stationary dock. The counter weights came in from the Houston port by trucks.

I had to hire a similar crane from a large PNW crane service, it took quite a few trucks to bring in the full trays of counterweight. We had large forklifts to speed up the assembly but still took a good part of the day to set up. Real money maker for the crane service.

I had to hire a similar crane from a large PNW crane service, it took quite a few trucks to bring in the full trays of counterweight. We had large forklifts to speed up the assembly but still took a good part of the day to set up. Real money maker for the crane service.

That is surprising. The real advantage of hydraulic cranes is set up. I was on a job recently with a 350 ton Grove.There were 4 cranes total and the 350 had to move around for the heavy picks. He had 100 tons of counterweight that he did not carry on the moves. It never took over 2 hours to make a move and be ready for the pick.They changed from 2 part to 4 part on the aux hook in 10 minutes and vice versa. A real kick ass crew.
T

Back