Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Both of the old Clark's that I have had used a 3-bolt flange master cylinder, and it was also the same as an old International pickup model used plus a lot of industrial applications of the era I think. I bought one off Amazon or Rockauto for <$100 iirc. There is one Forklift parts place that I really like in town here, but the rest are near crooks as far as I can tell. (as the $1300 price you were quoted sounds like to me)

They should be very easy to get to if it's the same as mine, when you open the side door it is right there. Also I wouldn't say you even need to be a machinist to retrofit a different master cylinder if you have a drill press and a piece of plate steel, but do so at your own risk. I certainly would adapt something before spending more than a few hundred for an oem unit on an old lift like that.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The cylinder I bought was a typical truck Wagner Lockheed type ,and for preference ,I would have got it resleeved in stainless .....but I have also done the sleeve myself using bushing bronze .....the thin stainless sleeves are not available outside the trade (not that I could find ,anyway)......... All the machine makers now call old spares "legacy".....which means they dont want to know about it,but hey ,if you want to bend over ,we'll do the bizzo.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Most of the time the master cylinder will have the make and model cast right into the housing. Every forklift I've fooled with (besides Cat) has used a standard MC that can be had at NAPA. Cat has a bad habit of making their own version of everything, and the older forklifts can be a real pain to get parts for.

I was once quoted $2,500 for a tilt cylinder rod on a old Cat 15K lift. When I got to questioning the dealer about it, they told me that the part is no longer available from Cat, but Cat supplies their dealers with part drawings on a lot of their obsolete parts. They could get the drawing and have a local machine shop make the part. I ended up taking the rod to a local machine shop that fixed my existing rod for a fraction of the cost (around $500).

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I once got a repair on a bigger Hyster with both tilt rams bent ......made up new rods ,going again in half a day ..... ,get a call a few days later ...rams are bent again .....and they want me to rectify it.......Anyway ,I straighten their old rods ,take them out to site and fit them ......week later ...another call ..rods are bent again...WTF???....straighten the next pair of rods,and fit them ......fork back into action ,driver puts two blocks of 6x4 wood on the guards under the rams .....stop him ,and carefully tilt forward ....wood blocks are bending the rams on full tilt......took many pics with the phone ,got a big statement made up and a bill for $10,000 for the multiple repairs.....Got paid too.

5. Likes m16ty liked this post
    Upstate NY -In the Flats next to the corn fields
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)