What's new
What's new

Ot help the truckers

Richard King

Diamond
I saw this this morning on another forum. Pass it along please.

"If you happen to be sitting in your car eating at a fast food place because the dining room is closed and see a truck driver walk to the door and walk away please ask them if you can drive thru for their meal. Since walk up isn’t allowed at the drive thru they have no way to get their meal. We owe them that much!

Copy and paste to show our TRUCKERS love and support"

Stay safe everyone. I had to run to the store yesterday and try not to breath..lol but I was surprised there seemed to be a lot of people out. I now have 2 weeks of food and toilet paper. Please stay safe and God Bless everyone. Rich

Stay safe everyone. I had to run to the store yesterday and try not to breath..lol but I was surprised there seemed to be a lot of people out. I now have 2 weeks of food and toilet paper. Please stay safe and God Bless everyone. Rich

You having two weeks of food and toilet paper is part of the reason there is a shortage.

Help everyone out by being reasonable and stop hoarding.

Good idea on helping truckers out.

You having two weeks of food and toilet paper is part of the reason there is a shortage.

Come on.

I don't know about you but two weeks is a normal supply for me.

>OP. Honk to show your support.
Buy them food to show that we are in this together.
After all, if the trucks stop, the REAL problems begin.

Having two weeks of food is not hording, buying 5 cases of can goods last week is hording.

I'm a single guy, and a single 12 roll package of shit tickets is more than 2 weeks supply for me.
Maybe you should see a doctor if a 2 weeks supply is a lot for you.:rolleyes5:

Wait, a single person uses more than 1/2 a roll of tp a day? I eat alot of beans and rice and need maybe 4 or 5 squares a day.

Reminds me of a couplet from book I, chapter 13 of Rabelais-

'Who his foul bum with paper wipes
Will on his ballocks leave some chips'

Written 1st quarter of the 16th century.

I watch several Youtube truckers almost daily when I have time. Yes, they are running into issues of truck stop restaurants closed. Some are offering take out many are not. Most truckers carry their own food on board, some even do some serious cooking on board. But yeah, still many still rely on "fast food" joints for meals.

Regardless, we need to support the trucking industry, without them, we will run out of TP, Pepsi, and beer quickly!!!

Ken

If you live in a slightly remote location, or where the weather can shut things down for days at a time a 2 week supply of food is not only a good idea, but is normal. We have a place that's several miles from the nearest town and off the main roads. In the winter months the road is about the last in the county to be plowed. Over the new year holiday it snowed about a foot. The road wasn't plowed until 3 days after the storm passed. It didn't bother anyone. Everybody was well supplied and was used to being isolated for a few days at a time.

Being prepared is not hoarding or a bad thing. It's far easier to have an adequate supply of food on hand than trying to guess the weather pattern, or have to venture out in a blizzard.

I think it's a difference between being prepared and panic buying. 2 weeks is preparedness. Buying 10 cases of slim jims is panic buying. BTW, even the Jack Links rack at the hardware store is stripped clean.

As far as the truckers, it seems it would be simple enough for the restaurant to have them phone in their order and hand it out through the door.

I'm a single guy, and a single 12 roll package of shit tickets is more than 2 weeks supply for me.
Maybe you should see a doctor if a 2 weeks supply is a lot for you.:rolleyes5:

US Army standard ration as of over fifty years ago was one roll per-man per-month, TWO rolls per-woman per-month.

I mean, there was a damned WAR on. Who TF had TIME to s**t, let alone WIPE?

The grizzled old supply Sergeant teaching the course gets the "the usual" question as to why Women's Army Corps get doubled rations, gives "the usual" answer:

"Twice as many holes to cover.... dumbass!"

Now Rich?

About yer rate of consumption...

:)

I think it's a difference between being prepared and panic buying. 2 weeks is preparedness. Buying 10 cases of slim jims is panic buying. BTW, even the Jack Links rack at the hardware store is stripped clean.

As far as the truckers, it seems it would be simple enough for the restaurant to have them phone in their order and hand it out through the door.

Yup, they are walking up to the drive-in winder, but complaining about that....

How are WE supposed to "help" ?

FWIW our illustrious state DOT (highest fuel taxes in the nation) shut down all the roadside bathrooms/rest stops.

Now they have re-opened up some, and IIRC enforcing "trucks only".

Everyone else "piss off" on the side of the road eh ?

No. Stay TF to-HOME and OFF the roads - or piss before you saddle-up - is the actual message.

Overkill? Maybe.

But it beats all Hell "risk wise" outta letting it EXPAND and drag-on, permanent-like.

It'll be next season before vaccines will be effective AND available. Or maybe one more year. Meanwhile 95%-plus survival rate is the best we have "so far"?

It is what it is.

Trick is to reduce the size of the pool at-risk so losses are sub five-percent of a smaller number than a larger one.

Got anything better? Inform the CDC, please.

And noooo that don't include drinking the urine of virgin squirrel after ritual "blessing" by some damned cult or sech..

Ever'body knows yah have to add Ghost Pepper and garlic..

FWIW our illustrious state DOT (highest fuel taxes in the nation) shut down all the roadside bathrooms/rest stops.

And people were saying Chinese measures were "draconian" ? They didn't close any bathrooms here.

And the trucker thing, drive-up places are so stupid they can't bend their rules in an emergency ?

Wow.

And people were saying Chinese measures were "draconian" ? They didn't close any bathrooms here.

And the trucker thing, drive-up places are so stupid they can't bend their rules in an emergency ?

Wow.

F**k's sake. Even Ilhan Omar and bald-headed Pressley found the grace to recognize what can be done is BEING done, perfectly or only wished-for, and YOU have to perpetually pitch a critical hissy-fit then expect US to ROLL in it?

Second word is "OFF! Gordito, Junior.

You LOVE PRC so much? Man-up. Learn to Post in Chinese so we know yer coming. Or at least panting faster! Not as if it were hard is it?

寄件者

Page Two:

Not new. Trucker's chronic challenge is enough room and overhead clearance to get his rig in and out or parked. They learn day ONE to take-with on the essentials.

I'm not sure what's behind it, psychologically, but it ain't pretty and it ain't good.

I'm talking about the seemingly 'new consciousness' that has swept the USA (and maybe other countries?) wherein we must identify in any situation the 'truly needy' and the 'heroic' and then cater to their imminent needs.

The homeless are always a go-to in this situation, but that gets old, unfortunately. The gay and handicapped have had their time in the sun, as have the police and firemen, aka 'firefighters'. Nurses, baristas, and waiters of all sorts as well. And animals? Don't even go there.

Now....the truckers are in the spotlight. It's not like they've been perfectly capable of taking care of themselves for decades...now we must rush to their aid so they don't have to walk 50 feet inside a restaurant to get their Grand Slam breakfast. It makes us better people, you see.

Somehow, I don't see myself hanging out at Love's waiting to run in and fetch Ed Earl a Big Mac. It, you see, would lessen the both of us.

I'm not sure what's behind it, psychologically, but it ain't pretty and it ain't good.

It makes us better people, you see.

Somehow, I don't see myself hanging out at Love's waiting to run in and fetch Ed Earl a Big Mac. It, you see, would lessen the both of us.

Bingo. Borrowed "second hand virtue" is just plain annoyingly-obvious PHONEY!

"Real truckers" would rather have the "impossible dream". Signal yer damned TURNS, clear the SPACE so they can make THEIRS.

2 weeks isn't hoarding, I do believe many government agencies have told people to self quarantine for two weeks.

Back