OT: How much do you think this stakebed weighs? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would use a trailer if I still had my Lift a Load hydraulic drop deck trailer, if it had not been stolen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Blazemaster View Post
    I have a f450 with an 8x12 flatbed, it weighs about 8900 empty, gvw is 16000. I have had about 7k on the bed at one time. It still drove fine but was sluggish and I took corners real slow. If the truck is rated to haul it, I wouldn't have an issue.

Is your F450 a crewcab or singlecab? What model year is it, and is it a diesel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's been 2 months now, you haven't been able to run one accrost a scale yet?

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    It's been 2 months now, you haven't been able to run one accrost a scale yet?

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Haven't needed to rent one yet. Went to Enterprise today to inquire about renting one, but the F550 was gone, and they don't think it's coming back before the end of the year. All they have is a single cab F450. So trying to get an idea of its payload capacity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can the rental place Enterprise, etc tell you what the payload capacity is?

A classic 1 ton 350/3500 dually rear axle is good for about 5k payload. The 450 is another step past but I can't quote on what kind of loading it can handle. I'd WAG another 1000 lbs.

One way is to look at the tires carefully and look up their single and dual load ratings if they are not molded on the side. Multiply the dual axle tire max load @ YY psi by (4) and you are there. Its likely the axle is good for slightly more than the tire x 4. Don't fall into the trap of using the single load rating because its more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by matt_isserstedt View Post
    Can the rental place Enterprise, etc tell you what the payload capacity is?

A classic 1 ton 350/3500 dually rear axle is good for about 5k payload. The 450 is another step past but I can't quote on what kind of loading it can handle. I'd WAG another 1000 lbs.

One way is to look at the tires carefully and look up their single and dual load ratings if they are not molded on the side. Multiply the dual axle tire max load @ YY psi by (4) and you are there. Its likely the axle is good for slightly more than the tire x 4. Don't fall into the trap of using the single load rating because its more.

According to Badger Truck in Illinois, the F450 chassis cab has a max payload of upto 9850lbs. Subtract 600 lbs for the Maxxon lift gate and 1000 lbs for the 12' foot stakebed and you have a payload of 8250 lbs for the single-cab F450. GCVW for the F450 is 16,500 lbs.

The F550 crewcab has a payload of 10,000 lbs, as the F550 crewcab 4x4 diesel weighs in at 7850 sans 12' foot stakebed and Maxxon.

2021 Ford F-450 Specs | Towing Capacity, Payload, Weight Ratings