Pimpin out a trailer to make it most radical (what accessories do you wish you had) - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fish On View Post
    The ones that I see wind them back on the winch are usually daily delivery routes - metal suppliers and whatnot. They wind them up on the winch, in a couple hours that trailer is going to be back at the yard getting loaded again.
    The metal suppliers are changing them out well before they have the opportunity to get weathered!

Daily deliveries...it only takes a couple of lazy days where the driver doesn't feel like climbing up to put corner protectors on, because it's a short trip and it's easier to just throw a second strap over.

We used to replace those straps constantly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

FYI There is a web site for wheel chair owners. Pimp my chair.com. Light up wheels, streamers etc.

Bill D.

Pimpmychair.com - cool wheelchair accessories and parts

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On our Gooseneck trailer I have often thought about mounting a small mechanics crane or davit style crane on the neck. Use the dual jacks as the outriggers. Too many times I've bought something at an auction thats too heavy to load by hand or have to take it all apart (small stuff like say a table saw size or a pallet of tooling), hate paying the rigger fees for one little lift right next to the trailer and trying to get someone else thats there with a forklift to do it for a couple bucks is like pulling teeth sometimes. Just a 1k or maybe 2k lb crane with like 6' reach over one side would be awesome.

Beyond that like everyone else has said, winch, storage for straps/chains/ dunnage. Electric jacks would be nice sometimes too if you hook and unhook alot.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by motion guru View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned a winch - I put a 12k Ramsey on my trailer. Picked it up for $400 on Craigslist and then it took a day of futzing around with a torch, drillpress and welder, but it was worth it. The trailer has electric brakes and incandescent lights - and they always work, winch battery charges through the trailer plug. All good.

Trailer is 12,000 GVW rated. The axles are torqueflex 7k rated, tires are the limiting factor at 3200lbs each.

Attachment 303183Attachment 303184

You can see from the first photo to the second photo that I cut the "bullbar" off that the tires on a rig you are hauling typically bump up against. Then added a new stops further forward. At typical truck tire will hit the bar now when the tire contact patch is on the leading edge of the deck. Helps when hauling larger trucks.

I was probably overloaded with this truck . . . it weighed right near 10,000 with the dump box, but the trailer managed it no problem from eastern Washington to home. The trailer when empty is about 3500 lbs.

Attachment 303185
    Motion's got the right idea with respect to winch mounting. The further forward from the deck you can get it the better. With certain rigging (bridle, snatchblock, etc.) you may run out of pay-in on the winch before the load is where you want it on the trailer. This is less of an issue if you're towing larger vehicles where you can hook your rigging further underneath the vehicle. But for low clearance cars that don't have many rigging provisions, it can be a frustrating affair. Similar story for machine tools or whatever else you drag behind your truck.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My dream trailer would have dual axle tandem electric hyd brakes, gooseneck, air ride, hyd full width tilting tail/deck extension. Led lights, winch, white oak deck, plenty of D rings, powered landing gear, chain & binder storage.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mymachinery View Post
    My dream trailer would have dual axle tandem electric hyd brakes, gooseneck, air ride, hyd full width tilting tail/deck extension. Led lights, winch, white oak deck, plenty of D rings, powered landing gear, chain & binder storage.
    Milacron posted a pix of one of those.

IIRC it was 24k gross going down the road, but only could carry 9k.

7. Likes kb0thn, Garwood liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why would Oak be preferred to the gold standard Apitong?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Milacron posted a pix of one of those.

IIRC it was 24k gross going down the road, but only could carry 9k.
    Found it !
    Gooseneck trailer- Rollback ~and~ dock height !