What's new
What's new

Pint Sized Scissors Lift Table

mrplasma

Aluminum
I just picked up this little (16 1/2" x 13 3/4") Durhand scissors lift table. It weighs 60 lbs+, has a 300 lb capacity, and raises objects from just under 14" to to a height of 36". It has 4 swivel casters (2 locking), and requires maybe 20 pedal strokes from bottom to top. It cost around $180 with free shipping at "www.aosom.com."

IMG_9267.jpg IMG_9268.jpg IMG_9269.jpg

I'm underwhelmed by that device.

Still gotta get up to 14" from the floor. Which are the harder miles! 36" is barely bench top for me, 14" might be a cupboard shelf or might not.

Somewhere there is an envelope with my outline design for a useful version on the back. Similar size table, flip over castors so it sits right onto the floor and a click-click climb up a pole farm jack to do the lifting. If I can figure how to safely get it to start at 1 1/2" or less without compromising load capacity too far it might actually go on the CAD program to get built.

Be 67 in 10 days time so I need to get ass into gear on this "pick up'n shift stuff that has gotten real hefty over the last few years" lark.

Competing design a couple or three envelopes over is a swing jib crane integrated into the work cart. Now that will go to the floor but potential stability issues.

In between is the tow hitch and bipod mount jib crane to get stuff into the P38 Range Rover. But the UK cheap Chinee importers seem to have dropped the jib I need. Easy to reverse engineer but materials cost more than the whole import including lifting jack.

Clive

Still gotta get up to 14" from the floor. Which are the harder miles! 36" is barely bench top for me, 14" might be a cupboard shelf or might not.

Somewhere there is an envelope with my outline design for a useful version on the back. Similar size table, flip over castors so it sits right onto the floor and a click-click climb up a pole farm jack to do the lifting. If I can figure how to safely get it to start at 1 1/2" or less without compromising load capacity too far it might actually go on the CAD program to get built.

Be 67 in 10 days time so I need to get ass into gear on this "pick up'n shift stuff that has gotten real hefty over the last few years" lark.

Competing design a couple or three envelopes over is a swing jib crane integrated into the work cart. Now that will go to the floor but potential stability issues.

In between is the tow hitch and bipod mount jib crane to get stuff into the P38 Range Rover. But the UK cheap Chinee importers seem to have dropped the jib I need. Easy to reverse engineer but materials cost more than the whole import including lifting jack.

Clive

How about this one?

X brace1.jpg

Solves the off the floor problem.

But if I had space for something like that I'd already have a machine or "stuff" more than filling it.

Clive

Clive

Solves the off the floor problem.

But if I had space for something like that I'd already have a machine or "stuff" more than filling it.

Clive

Why don't YOU post what works for YOU ?
Instead of crapping on someone else's informative thread.

Last edited:

Back