What's new
What's new

Question: What certifications must the forklift have in order to sell forklifts?

Kaang

Plastic
I'm designing forklift, im just wondering what certifications must the forklift have in order to sell forklifts?

Exactly. In the USA you need approvals from DOT and OSHA, as well as other agencies.

And EE ratings for some jobs, mining has others.

Starting to sound like we are doing a homework assignment for a slacker student.

It might be easier to "reverse-engineer" this - look at a new factory machine in terms of which certifications it comes with to determine what's required.

Easiest way to figure that out is to do what others do and rip it right off from other machines.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Put handles and footholds on the counterweight so it's easier for a bunch of people to hold onto when you have to balance a heavy load.

We will use it in factory to carry products after manufacturing

If it will only be used in your own factory and never sold commercially or exported to other countries it mainly depends on your country's rules for workplace safety.

Keep in mind that if the design or construction is dangerous and someone gets hurt you may have to pay damages to them or their family.

We will use it in factory to carry products after manufacturing

But yet, the title you posted says otherwise :
"Question: What certifications must the forklift have in order to sell forklifts?"

Clearly you have problems.

Personally - I am a proponent of the "Beg forgiveness later" approach, and under that guide, I would just start selling, and down the road - if someone decides that you need something that you don't have yet, they'll let you know.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Personally - I am a proponent of the "Beg forgiveness later" approach, and under that guide, I would just start selling, and down the road - if someone decides that you need something that you don't have yet, they'll let you know.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I thought that was the "Shoot First and apologize later" technique.....:D

I just checked our clarklift cushy tire rider- I don’t think it has any certs. It claims compliance with several industry standards and OSHA- but I dont see any evidence of a real cert ( like UL). Did not the to check the propane system.

20 year old lift- absolutely perfect condition. Primary operator is an admin who likes white dresses. The forklift must be kept clean and never parked outside. I had to wash it once cuz I ran it down a dirt road. There is a dust cover on the seat.

There are no “certifications” that I know of to build and sell in the US. The lift will have to be OSHA and EPA compliant though.
Just keep in mind though, if you build something with a design flaw, you can be sued into oblivion, especially if somebody gets hurt or killed.

Back