Recommendation for machinery mover in Charlotte, NC area?
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Talking Recommendation for machinery mover in Charlotte, NC area?

Hello, all,
    Very long time lurker-amateur. I may be moving in a few months, and will need assistance in moving my equipment. Nothing very big or heavy, more hobbyist sized stuff. Heaviest item is a Deckel FP1, which I am considering selling. Have two Myford lathes, a small Harding horizontal, and small Sixis. Bought this equipment to use in my retirement, so am looking forward to setting up in the new digs.
    I’m sure that things could be moved fairly easily if I had proper equipment and the confidence, but figure I’d be smarter to get help from someone with the knowledge. Can anyone make recommendations?
    Thanks,
    Jack
    Sorry I can’t contribute to the discussions, as a rule. I try not to display my ignorance any more than I have to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I used Bobby Bolton about four years ago, did a great job moving a 9,500 lb Daewoo CNC turn center from Mooresville, NC to my place in Ridgeland, SC

https://www.boltonmachinehandling.com

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you, sir! Hope things are going well for you.
    Jack

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg Smeeton View Post
    Hello, all,
    Very long time lurker-amateur. I may be moving in a few months, and will need assistance in moving my equipment. Nothing very big or heavy, more hobbyist sized stuff. Heaviest item is a Deckel FP1, which I am considering selling. Have two Myford lathes, a small Harding horizontal, and small Sixis. Bought this equipment to use in my retirement, so am looking forward to setting up in the new digs.
    I’m sure that things could be moved fairly easily if I had proper equipment and the confidence, but figure I’d be smarter to get help from someone with the knowledge. Can anyone make recommendations?
    Thanks,
    Jack
    Sorry I can’t contribute to the discussions, as a rule. I try not to display my ignorance any more than I have to.
    As a start, find online or phonebook "machinery movers" or "riggers' in your vicinity. Piano and safe movers also, capable of machines you list weight-wise. Pro movers are [better be] licensed, insured, and equipped to move it all in one trip. There are a few companies country wide serving industrial areas.
    The main warning of moving machine tools, they are deceptively high in centers of gravity. There are scrapyards worldwide with proof of this tendency.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bit of distance from CLT, but...

Chrisco Machinery
    Erik Christenbury

Liberty NC
    three three six 622-3063