What's new
What's new

Recommendation for machinery mover in Charlotte, NC area?

Reg Smeeton

Plastic
Hello, all,
Very long time lurker-amateur. I may be moving in a few months, and will need assistance in moving my equipment. Nothing very big or heavy, more hobbyist sized stuff. Heaviest item is a Deckel FP1, which I am considering selling. Have two Myford lathes, a small Harding horizontal, and small Sixis. Bought this equipment to use in my retirement, so am looking forward to setting up in the new digs.
I’m sure that things could be moved fairly easily if I had proper equipment and the confidence, but figure I’d be smarter to get help from someone with the knowledge. Can anyone make recommendations?
Thanks,
Jack
Sorry I can’t contribute to the discussions, as a rule. I try not to display my ignorance any more than I have to.

Hello, all,
Very long time lurker-amateur. I may be moving in a few months, and will need assistance in moving my equipment. Nothing very big or heavy, more hobbyist sized stuff. Heaviest item is a Deckel FP1, which I am considering selling. Have two Myford lathes, a small Harding horizontal, and small Sixis. Bought this equipment to use in my retirement, so am looking forward to setting up in the new digs.
I’m sure that things could be moved fairly easily if I had proper equipment and the confidence, but figure I’d be smarter to get help from someone with the knowledge. Can anyone make recommendations?
Thanks,
Jack
Sorry I can’t contribute to the discussions, as a rule. I try not to display my ignorance any more than I have to.

As a start, find online or phonebook "machinery movers" or "riggers' in your vicinity. Piano and safe movers also, capable of machines you list weight-wise. Pro movers are [better be] licensed, insured, and equipped to move it all in one trip. There are a few companies country wide serving industrial areas.
The main warning of moving machine tools, they are deceptively high in centers of gravity. There are scrapyards worldwide with proof of this tendency.

Contact my buddy Brad (704-737-0033). He has a moving company, and we moved all my stuff from Charlotte up here to the mountains of Virginia.

Back