What's new
What's new

Recommendations for anyone to haul Bridgeport mill from Ridgeland, SC to Idaho ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Boise, Idaho. $1,475 budget … my usual trucking brokers (Parfrey and Atlas) are not coming thru. Could be a “hot shot” truck if nothing else…

I shipped a B-Port to Florida several yrs ago via the online boards.
Price was right as it was a last minute add-on for the guy of course.

BUT!

Even tho the guy was dragging a 48' step deck, I was not overly impressed with his ideas of strapping it down, so I interjected myself to make sure that it got there still standing upright.

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

BUT!

Even tho the guy was dragging a 48' step deck, I was not overly impressed with his ideas of strapping it down, so I interjected myself to make sure that it got there still standing upright.

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

How did that conversation go ?

How did that conversation go ?

Actually, just the other day my FIL was mentioning some drivers that he knew.

One fella was sent to pick up "board" (pressboard) from GP or whatnot on the back-haul.
Apparently this fella didn't normally run curtain sides, and likely always ran vans.
He almost left the yard before they stopped him and told/showed him how to tie down the load.

Even if you have never ran a flat, a fella would think that you picked up a thing'r two while driving for several years - that things like this need tied down, but...

So - even if a fella says that he has been driving for 40 yrs, doesn't mean that he is a machinery hauler.

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I think your number is low thats around .60 a mile it would definitely be a last minute throw on. I got quotes for a 2 ton item that wasnt as tie down stringent for around .95 a mile that was coming 2300 miles still took a while to get it on a truck boise isnt really a major lane

Actually, just the other day my FIL was mentioning some drivers that he knew.

One fella was sent to pick up "board" (pressboard) from GP or whatnot on the back-haul.
Apparently this fella didn't normally run curtain sides, and likely always ran vans.
He almost left the yard before they stopped him and told/showed him how to tie down the load.

Even if you have never ran a flat, a fella would think that you picked up a thing'r two while driving for several years - that things like this need tied down, but...

So - even if a fella says that he has been driving for 40 yrs, doesn't mean that he is a machinery hauler.

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

If all you drove was container trucks, there's no chains needed, just set it on the chassis and twist the lever on each corner.

BUT!

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Thanks again for your help finding and shipping that machine, Ox!

Back