Review of Anderson Drop Deck trailers ? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Woodland Hills, Ca. and some times Hutchinson, Ks.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What about a small deck level ramp at your home instead of a ground loading trailer? My building had a steel ramp from a door that was about a foot higher than the floor to load stuff onto low trailers? It was about 15 feet long and an electric pallet jack could easily navigate it with a load. You could even do a dock leveler type of ramp that was flat and raise/lower to the desired height with airbags or hydraulic jack.

There are several guys on the garage journal with scissor lifts set in the ground in their garages, with a platform you could do the same thing for probably half the cost of a trailer or less?

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in SoCal View Post
    What about a small deck level ramp at your home instead of a ground loading trailer? My building had a steel ramp from a door that was about a foot higher than the floor to load stuff onto low trailers? It was about 15 feet long and an electric pallet jack could easily navigate it with a load. You could even do a dock leveler type of ramp that was flat and raise/lower to the desired height with airbags or hydraulic jack.

There are several guys on the garage journal with scissor lifts set in the ground in their garages, with a platform you could do the same thing for probably half the cost of a trailer or less?
    Due to my obsession with boats, I live in a house in a marina (literally...boats floating just a few yards from back door).... I may have to sneak machines in the garage under cover of darkness as it is...to do what you propose would totally freak out the neighbors !

As of today I'm leaning more toward a NoRamp U-14 trailer. One big advantage it would have over an Anderson Drop Deck type is enough width and length (barely) to haul cars. Which wouldn't be it's main purpose but might sometimes help with my other obsession (vehicles)

Woodland Hills, Ca. and some times Hutchinson, Ks.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Due to my obsession with boats, I live in a house in a marina (literally...boats floating just a few yards from back door).... I may have to sneak machines in the garage under cover of darkness as it is...to do what you propose would totally freak out the neighbors !

As of today I'm leaning more toward a NoRamp U-14 trailer. One big advantage it would have over an Anderson Drop Deck type is enough width and length (barely) to haul cars. Which wouldn't be it's main purpose but might sometimes help with my other obsession (vehicles)
    I understand the drill,
    That U-14 looks like a much better option, a bit short for a car. The larger U19 is only 400 pound heavier, it IS quite a bit longer. If you even think you may want to haul cars consider the larger one.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in SoCal View Post
    I understand the drill,
    That U-14 looks like a much better option, a bit short for a car. The larger U19 is only 400 pound heavier, it IS quite a bit longer. If you even think you may want to haul cars consider the larger one.
    U19 would probably have slightly less load angle as well.... but... tight on back up space at the house. Also tend to deal with smaller cars... Porsche Cayman should fit on the U14 ok.

5. Likes Ohio Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would have loved a No Ramp but it was a bit too pricey for me at the time. My solution was a PJ Hydraulic Quick Tilt. Battery was already there for the tilt just added a 10K winch. I call it the poor mans roll back

PJ Trailers | 83" Hydraulic Quick Tilt (TH)

pj-tilt-1.jpg

pj-tilt-2.jpg