What's new
What's new

Rigger Recommendation in San Francisco Ca.

Info sent to Lawson, waiting on a quote to get it to either Sparks or Elko where I can pick it up. Not sure if it will be worth it, but I'm not finding one in the sagebrush, and any "deals" in LV and SLC get snatched up before I ever get out the driveway, rusty over-priced boat anchors are all thats left.

Quote received, 4k:confused:, seller has a forklift to load it, I just needed a truck with a driver that knows what they are doing to pick it up.

Any suggestions for freight brokers in area?

I strongly recommend Lawson, they've done multiple very complex moves for me, first rate outfit. Here's a photo of an interesting challenge they helped me with, we had about 1/8" clearance getting my Brother Speedio into my shop:

AG0P1348.jpg

I'm sure Lawson is qualified, its just with value of the machine, its just not worth it. Crap machines in vegas and slc sell high, decent machines probably have fairer prices, but out of the budget I want to spend. I've passed on several pretty nice $1000 auction mills in california in past few months, but they are always on the western side of state, makes it a 10+ hour drive each way. With the current situation in big cities, I'm not eager to go.

I'm looking at a Gorton 1-22, looks clean, coming out of a University, probably worth the $1000 they are asking, I realize I may never get more than that for it, I would gladly pay reasonable transport fees and accept that as a loss to have a vertical mill in my shop.

You'll have to pay for Lawson, but LTL transport should be pretty reasonable. But, yes, rigging and transport will be more than purchase of the machine....

I'm sure Lawson is qualified, its just with value of the machine, its just not worth it. Crap machines in vegas and slc sell high, decent machines probably have fairer prices, but out of the budget I want to spend. I've passed on several pretty nice $1000 auction mills in california in past few months, but they are always on the western side of state, makes it a 10+ hour drive each way. With the current situation in big cities, I'm not eager to go.

I'm looking at a Gorton 1-22, looks clean, coming out of a University, probably worth the $1000 they are asking, I realize I may never get more than that for it, I would gladly pay reasonable transport fees and accept that as a loss to have a vertical mill in my shop.

Is it in San Francisco proper?
I may have some deck space in a few weeks.
Where in Nevada, I have to cross it east to west at least 2 more times.
What does it weigh?

I strongly recommend Lawson, they've done multiple very complex moves for me, first rate outfit.

I have a really nice picture of a $400K mill turn they tipped off the skates half out the door of a high-rise freight elevator. Sadly I can't post that one. I'm only 2 for 3 having clean moves with Lawson despite their premium pricing.

I have a really nice picture of a $400K mill turn they tipped off the skates half out the door of a high-rise freight elevator. Sadly I can't post that one. I'm only 2 for 3 having clean moves with Lawson despite their premium pricing.

I'm curious, who covers the damage in that scenario?

Is it in San Francisco proper?
I may have some deck space in a few weeks.
Where in Nevada, I have to cross it east to west at least 2 more times.
What does it weigh?

UC Berkeley, technically Richmond, they can load, but experienced guidance would be a big plus so they don't dump it. I'm north of Ely, but you probably are not going that route. How far are you coming across I-80? I know there is a freight terminal (forklift) in Elko which is about 120 miles north of me, have not looked at other towns on 80. Manual (not exact year model) states 2800 lbs, fudge it and say 3000. It would need to be picked up by Sept 17 at very latest (delivery on your time schedule of course), let me know if this fits your route/timeframe/ load space.

Attachments

• DSC02263.JPG
    DSC02263.JPG
    5.1 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC02264.JPG
    DSC02264.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 137
Being half out the door was in their favor. It only ended up scratching some paint of the top corner of the enclosure and couldn't fall over. Just not a very impressive showing for 3 of the senior guys making time and a half on a Saturday.

UC Berkeley, technically Richmond, they can load, but experienced guidance would be a big plus so they don't dump it. I'm north of Ely, but you probably are not going that route. How far are you coming across I-80? I know there is a freight terminal (forklift) in Elko which is about 120 miles north of me, have not looked at other towns on 80. Manual (not exact year model) states 2800 lbs, fudge it and say 3000. It would need to be picked up by Sept 17 at very latest (delivery on your time schedule of course), let me know if this fits your route/timeframe/ load space.

We cross Nevada to wells, Ely is an hour and a half out of the way, Richmond is 3 hours round trip plus loading, we could make it happen but the 17th is likely a couple days early for us, we are waiting on painters.

Wells is a bit closer, no idea if there is a forklift to transfer a load in Wells. Another member here has informed me that Richmond should be a relatively safe area, if I get this thing I might just have to make the run myself.

Wells is a bit closer, no idea if there is a forklift to transfer a load in Wells. Another member here has informed me that Richmond should be a relatively safe area, if I get this thing I might just have to make the run myself.

Picking up from UC Berkeley and environs will not present a safety risk for you.

Back