What's new
What's new

Riggers in Louisville KY area - recommendations? Mazak QT 20 move/load

trelos_zoi

Plastic
Curious if anyone can recommend a reasonably priced rigger for loading a Mazak QT 20 lathe in Louisville, KY. Need someone to remove from the building and load on a trailer.

Thanks!

how new is this thing?
the newer smaller QT20's could not be easier to pick from the front
they even have fork pockets in the bed

Unsure if the OP is still in need, but in the future, Adkins is a fantastic operation. I've had them move a few machines for me and friends of mine have used them as well.

I will not hesitate to use them or suggest someone else to do so.

The big player in that area is Adkins Export Packing & Machinery Movers. Never had a need to use a rigger in that region so I can't speak to cost.

Appreciate the reply... already got it moved. I wound up using these guys out Lexington they were good and reasonable. Got it loaded on a trailer and back to Missouri in one piece. I rented a 15k forklift on this end and did the rigging on this end myself with helpers. Sadly forklift got a hairline leak in power steering line and turned the shop into a skating rink. Needless to say my number 1 assistant and wife was not pleased... Thankfully she's a good sport.. and the guys that rented the forklift helped clean up the shop.

American Industrial Contractors
2004 Duncan Machinery Drive
Lexington, KY 40504

Hows this for a machinery move.....had to hire a truck with a 30 ton /metre crane to load up a Landis grinder.....crane had plenty of reach and lift ,and load went without a hitch.......so Im waiting at the destination when I get a call....."This f/n machine has poured oil and water all over the deck of the truck ,and we're back at the depot trying to clean the truck enough to make the delivery".....ended up costing me over $1000.

I had a radial drill moved too ,as the truck has a legal load of 9 tons.Which is pretty incredible for an 8 wheeler......legal gross is 27 tons on four axles,the truck weighs 18 tons,including 4 tons of crane......Anyway,I was worried at getting a crane that wouldnt lift the Landis,as no one knows what it weighs.......seemingly around 6 tons.....the crane picked it up without any difficulty.

So you've learned to make certain a machine is shipped dry I take it?

Hows this for a machinery move.....had to hire a truck with a 30 ton /metre crane to load up a Landis grinder.....crane had plenty of reach and lift ,and load went without a hitch.......so Im waiting at the destination when I get a call....."This f/n machine has poured oil and water all over the deck of the truck ,and we're back at the depot trying to clean the truck enough to make the delivery".....ended up costing me over $1000.

Back