UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fellows,

Thank you all to those that responded.

Friday 01/18, with the help of my daughter in law, I did get the gas pack moved into location. The location was from the top of my concrete drive around the house via the gravel drive to my shop and then in then on to the concrete pad in the 10' space between my house and shop.

I rigged it pretty much as the installation manual suggested. I used 1/4" wire rope strung through the holes in the 2" square thin walled tubing that supports the gas pack. The wire rope ended in eyes at each end of thw two cables, I.E. four eyes. The eyes where then bound by three cable clamps each.

All four cable eyes where connected via shackle. A chain was also attached to the shackle via the shackle pin with spacers on either side of the chain to insure that the chain doesn't slip to one side or other.

The package was lifted and transported via a Kubota KX71 two ton mini excavator as it would traverse the gravel with no issue.

It may nit be the way you professionals would have handled this but I was able to get it moved, in what I believe was a safe manner, without injuries to humans or equipment.

Photo below,

Vlad

dsc02099.jpg

resized-dsc02100.jpg