What's new
What's new

Rigging and Transport contacts for Portland Oregon

djamik

Plastic
Greetings,

Anyone know of good reputable contacts for privately owned equipment move from Bend, OR to Portland, OR?

When I was equipping my shop, I had machines sent LTL to Wilhelm Trucking and Rigging in Portland. Wilhelm then brought the machines out to my shop and put them in place. I was very happy with their work, and willing to pay what they asked for a day's job. I don't believe Wilhelm even charged me for storage when one of my machines arrived before I had a place to put it.

Wilhelm seemed happy enough to get my business, but I am definitely at the small-potatoes end of their scale. I think they make a lot of their money on over-sized transport of wind turbine blades and pedestals, and power plant components.

Their website is nothing. Give them a call.
Wilhelm Trucking Company.
P.O. Box 10363
Portland, OR. 97296-0363
Phone: (503) 227-0561
Fax: (503) 241-4913

There used to be a collocated LandStar broker at Wilhelm, and probably still is.

I sent a private message with my contact info if you want to discuss.

I would recommend briefly describing what you need moved.

What level of equipment? That's probably a 4-5 hour drive for a semi. At that distance if you can move everything in one load it might be cheaper to have the rigger drive from Portland to Bend (or vise-versa), load the equipment, drive the other leg and unload, rather than having a rigger come out and load a contract truck and then have another rigger meet you on the other end. I'd check on that.

I spoke extensively with Metro Rigging and Ness-Campbell when I got my mill moved in here in Portland. I went with NC and they have my vote if you can use them. Excellent experience and more affordable. No BS. The supervisor I worked with met me in person immediately and had no problem dealing with some special concerns with the location. I called them up for another quote and the same supervisor was over that afternoon.

Don't know if they cover Bend but they're a big company.

...I went with NC and they have my vote if you can use them. Excellent experience and more affordable. No BS. The supervisor I worked with met me in person immediately and had no problem dealing with some special concerns with the location. I called them up for another quote and the same supervisor was over that afternoon.

Don't know if they cover Bend but they're a big company.
Ness-Campbell rigged out a tank across the street from me. They were great- made sure I was aware when they were going to block the street, and asked permission to use part of my driveway. Very nice, professional people.

tank lift.jpg

Ness Campbell is pretty OK to work with, but they are basically a crane company. If you need a crane, call NC. Otherwise there are better options. I rarely need a crane, but I see other's using them for jobs I wouldn't use a crane for frequently so who knows. I think before you call NC you must have an understanding of WHEN you need to pay for a crane VS when you absolutely don't need one. Everything is a crane job to NC. The nice thing about dealing with NC is they are a long established co and the guys have all been there forever. The guys are good, like their jobs and straight up to deal with. No BS. You could eat off their equipment too. I don't know if they wax those cranes everyday, but every one looks brand new.

For riggers,in this area you have Omego-Morgan, Metro and Integrity. Both Metro and Omega Morgan are big outfits that have traded hands a couple times and price/quality changes depending on the weather. Integrity is owned by the same guy that started Omega-Morgan and started back up again after his non-compete wore off. Jeff's a good guy, seems decent to deal with. He's always been pretty fair on pricing with me, but I have heard others say his prices are real high. Maybe I'm a better negotiator.

I do occasional rigging for other individuals and a couple big outfits, but if it's more than a couple guy one day job it's not for me. I don't want to go big full time, just a couple jobs a month is good for me. If the OP decides to use my services for this move he will probably save $1000 off the next best price, but he will be involved so there isn't a second paid truck involved.

Ness Campbell is pretty OK to work with, but they are basically a crane company. If you need a crane, call NC. Otherwise there are better options. I rarely need a crane, but I see other's using them for jobs I wouldn't use a crane for frequently so who knows. I think before you call NC you must have an understanding of WHEN you need to pay for a crane VS when you absolutely don't need one. Everything is a crane job to NC. The nice thing about dealing with NC is they are a long established co and the guys have all been there forever. The guys are good, like their jobs and straight up to deal with. No BS. You could eat off their equipment too. I don't know if they wax those cranes everyday, but every one looks brand new.

For riggers,in this area you have Omego-Morgan, Metro and Integrity. Both Metro and Omega Morgan are big outfits that have traded hands a couple times and price/quality changes depending on the weather. Integrity is owned by the same guy that started Omega-Morgan and started back up again after his non-compete wore off. Jeff's a good guy, seems decent to deal with. He's always been pretty fair on pricing with me, but I have heard others say his prices are real high. Maybe I'm a better negotiator.

I do occasional rigging for other individuals and a couple big outfits, but if it's more than a couple guy one day job it's not for me. I don't want to go big full time, just a couple jobs a month is good for me. If the OP decides to use my services for this move he will probably save $1000 off the next best price, but he will be involved so there isn't a second paid truck involved.

We just moved a 72,000 lb machine and Ness Campbell provided the best quote (significantly cheaper than Omega Morgan) and they did great work. They were flexible and had a solid array of capable equipment that looks a lot like what Omega Morgan has. The heaviest element of the machine was the Z-Axis column at 30,000+ lbs and they worked with us to let us haul parts of the machine on our trucks to save money.

I would also recommend Farwest Machinery - they moved our little planer mill and Haas VF3 in one day - made quick professional work of it with high quality equipment. Farwest Machinery - Home

I haven't tried Integrity so cannot comment on them.

This is all experience gained in the last few weeks.

Back