What's new
What's new

Service Manual Wanted - Clearr LSU-30 Standup Propane Forklift

Nemesis

Aluminum
This is probably a long shot, but I am looking for a service manual for a new to me Clearr LSU-30 standup propane forklift. I have been searching the internet for any information on this company or forklift, but am coming up basically empty other than the company went bankrupt in 2010.

I have been looking for a Namco forklift for years, but they never seem to come up for sale in my area. One finally did this weekend and I was on my way to Minneapolis to look at it on Monday when a listing popped up for this Clearr forklift just 8 miles from the Namco. The Clearr has a 3,000lb lift instead of the Namco's 2,000lbs, can lift higher, has side shift that was added later, and came with 42" forks so it came home with me. It's got an Onan CCKB engine in it with a little over 2,000 hours on it that runs fantastic. The previous owner had bought this forklift to move car parts around for their car collection, but the rear tire of the lift was breaking floor tiles in the room they were using it in. I can understand why. The tag puts this thing at 5,615 lbs, most of which seems to be on the rear steer tire. The forklift didn't make it 10 miles down the road before the rear wheel broke through the trailer decking.

Other than needing to weld up the alternator bracket which broke at some point in the lift's life, everything seems to work great. That is other than the brakes. They are on a deadman peddle which you stand on to release them. The brakes are there, but not by much. I was hoping to find a service manual to understand the brake system before having to do it the hard way. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here are the pictures from the listing. I haven't taken any myself yet.

Clearr - Original Listing - 01.jpg
Clearr - Original Listing - 02.jpg
Clearr - Original Listing - 03.jpg
Clearr - Original Listing - 04.jpg
Clearr - Original Listing - 05.jpg

digger doug, I've been searching around and can find newer battery operated Crown's, but nothing like this Clearr yet. Any guesses on a Crown model number to get me a direction to go?

Back