What's new
What's new

dash cam incident

JHOLLAND1

Titanium
I am following street sweeper up 14 % grade--driver stalls --then goes into uncontrolled rearward decent

misses me by a few feet and uses house drive as runaway lane--woodpile impact nearly flips sweeper but stops motion

YouTube

Interesting. I investigated a similar incident on the same brand of machine, but different model IIRC. That did not end as well for the driver, because the driver was injured. I forget the focus of the investigation. It might have been the emergency brake lever design. The moral of the story seems to be not to run those things on steep hills.

I am following street sweeper up 14 % grade--driver stalls --then goes into uncontrolled rearward decent

misses me by a few feet and uses house drive as runaway lane--woodpile impact nearly flips sweeper but stops motion

YouTube
Good thing you were keeping your distance!

That's a good picture- what kind of camera is that?

dashcam is branded--- YI

no complaint regarding function of 5 units over past 16 months

problem however is life expectancy of micro sd cards--even best brands have failure rate of 33% within 3 months

WA state legalized rec marijuana --accident rates spiked --car cams are helpful :)

Attachments

• kjhgg.JPG
    kjhgg.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 74
“WA state legalized rec marijuana --accident rates spiked --car cams are helpful ”

Actual fact?

I have gotten sort of prudish- didn’t think legalizing pot was a great ideal.
I have noticed a few prime time TV ads- “if you’re stoned don’t drive”:
Domestic scene- wife asks husband to go get a quart of milk, quick scan to him sitting there with a goofy grin- “I can’t honey, I’m stoned”

Weird eh.
Times a changing.

One of my wind downs end of day is watching Russian dash cam video.
Boy those things catch some real knuckleheads..

Edit- looked it up:

Data Show Car Accidents Up in States That First Legalized Marijuana

That’s not good news- more idiots on he road.
I run a major road at highway speed for 30 min to get to shop every day.
Usually about twice a year I have to swerve to avoid some car trying to run into me.
A couple of weeks back- three times in ONE week.
Idiots..

Back