What's new
What's new

Shipping a milling machine from CT to AR

robert123

Stainless
I got a quote for a partial flatbed (tarped) of $1400 through a broker. Is this a fair price? Anyone have a carrier recommendation?

Seems 400 too much. Of course who knows with what is going on, and no mention of what type of mill, what size, etc. Bridgeoprt? CIncinnati #5? HBM?

Call atlas specialized transport.

I just moved 14000 lbs of power hammers and their tooling, 1000 miles, CO to CA and it was $1850. Got here 2 weeks ago. The initial quote in Feb. was for $950, before adding the 4300 lb base. Then the blizzards hit CO and closed I-70, then the virus scare hit and truckers were giving quotes of close to $7000.

The downfall of the middle eastern empire is often attributed to a change in the laws of the harem. When the king, sultan or what ever he was called dies his chosen best son took over the job. This son's birth order and mother was not factored in. His demonstrated leadership abilities and intelligence placed him at the Head of the pack.
When the sultan died this son became the new sultan and all the concubines, wives, sons and daughters would be killed. This eliminated nepotism and family feuds so only qualified people got good government jobs.
Later this was changed so the government became over run with nepotism and infighting.
My Mother's comment on government and elections was to "throw the rascals out". and get some new blood in there.
Bil lD
Bill D

The downfall of the middle eastern empire is often attributed to a change in the laws of the harem. When the king, sultan or what ever he was called dies his chosen best son took over the job. This son's birth order and mother was not factored in. His demonstrated leadership abilities and intelligence placed him at the Head of the pack.
When the sultan died this son became the new sultan and all the concubines, wives, sons and daughters would be killed. This eliminated nepotism and family feuds so only qualified people got good government jobs.
Later this was changed so the government became over run with nepotism and infighting.
My Mother's comment on government and elections was to "throw the rascals out". and get some new blood in there.
Bil lD
Bill D

So long as the murdered Concubines were heavy on #9 B&S taper tooling, I could see that working out better for used milling machines than for used Concubines.

Then again, I thot PITTSBURGH was the "middle Eastern empire"?

Back