What's new
What's new

Show me your....FORK LIFT!

Turbo442

Aluminum
This is my forklift. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my forklift is useless. Without my forklift, I am useless. I must steer my forklift true. I must stack higher than the enemy who is trying to out stack me. I must out lift him before he out lifts me. I will. My forklift and I know that what counts in war is not the barrels we move, the pallets we stack, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the lift that count. We will lift.

Attachments

• IMG_2541.jpg
    IMG_2541.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,069
  • IMG_2540.jpg
    IMG_2540.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,223
This is my forklift. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my forklift is useless. Without my forklift, I am useless. I must steer my forklift true. I must stack higher than the enemy who is trying to out stack me. I must out lift him before he out lifts me. I will. My forklift and I know that what counts in war is not the barrels we move, the pallets we stack, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the lift that count. We will lift.

What does it say on the mast?

What does it say on the mast?

Google translate says 'Nihon Genki Co., Ltd.'. The data plate is in Japanese. Being a Japanese model, this machine will only lift kilograms and can not lift pounds. It appears to have come to the US via a container ship. I suspect that might be the reason for the additional lighting. The controls are different than the US models. I was working with an identical Nissan 50 model this weekend that had 3 stick but it was a US model. Mine has controls to adjust the forks in or out. Great for squeezing stuff to grip it. Oh and the green tires are suppose to be non marking on paint. Bet you didn't know that!

Attachments

• IMG_2543.jpg
    IMG_2543.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 708

Must have been a Marine,

Here a couple of mine

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_4012a.jpg
    IMG_4012a.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,270
Thought this thread was doomed for closure but, as it's still alive...a little Yale before & after a trip through the shop.

Stuart

Yalepictures.jpgnewyale1.jpgnewyale2.jpgnewyale3.jpg

These are mine. 25k lb Hyster and 4000lb TCM.

Probably shouldn't post the picture of me using the 3 triple masted TCM and a pallet to hang shop lights, very unsafe....
81b252ecf6940fe1ee8e2aa4a0ffdb80.jpg
01055a30a62da179ac53b982c9cbc2b4.jpg

Yale1.jpg

My 5K Clark. Triple mast. I put a side shift with fork positioning on it and am now forever spoiled for any forklift without positioning. The truck only has 3 valves, I put a solenoid valve on the carriage and connected it with a cordomatic reel to a switch on the lever. Has worked fine for years. Next thing it needs is a cctv camera between the forks and one on the rear with an LCD screen on the dash. I wish the cage was as tall as the mast, I bump my head on it when it bounces.

Not than anyone particularly gives a shit but if you look closely at the pictures of the finished forklift in my post #5 you can see 3" plates that were welded on each side of the machine to add to its lifting capacity. Look at the wheel cut out for the drive wheels and you'll see the thick plate and the torch-cut wheel opening. This little machine was used by a local moving and storage outfit and was tasked with stacking storage containers at extended heights. The added side ballast help keep the machine steady and calmed the operators nerves.

I thought it was sort of interesting...maybe not though.:)

Stuart

Skytrak 6000m, Cummins 6bt engine, 6000lb cap (on paper) 12k+ in practice (up close). Pic 1- cleaning/fixing gutters, Pic 2- unloading my Mazak QT lathe

View attachment 206748View attachment 206749

We've got a 10K capacity Skytrak (model 10054). Telescopic material handlers have got to be the most versatile lift there is. The down side is, they usually are pretty high priced and can take up quite a bit of room when you get them indoors, but outdoors with loads withing their capacity, you can't beat them.

We built shop with a very old tow motor then picked up a Raymond reach stand up truck and for inside it is great....but that rascal had more than 30 hydrolic hoses on it it seems...All bad.

No photo today but great part is you can get next to where you are placing item then get out and via the reach part watch it go in next to where you are placing it.

Just wished it had side shift....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Back