Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OK, we don't have a fork lift; no place in the building to keep it. But whenever I hear the words "fork lift" I think of this classic photo I first saw years ago. I can't identify the ordnance but it was probably during Viet Nam. Anybody able to tell the vintage of the fork lift?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails forklift-not-ours-.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwrench View Post
    OK, we don't have a fork lift; no place in the building to keep it. But whenever I hear the words "fork lift" I think of this classic photo I first saw years ago. I can't identify the ordnance but it was probably during Viet Nam. Anybody able to tell the vintage of the fork lift?
    That forklift is newer than the Vietnam era.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by m16ty View Post
    By that I meant sometime around 1975. OK, what about the green hard hat hanging on the bollard?
    Maybe I should email the picture to somebody at Hyster and see whether they know when that model was current. Or maybe they would think Lawsuit, like maybe the brakes failed and my brother was driving it or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think of this one:
    1db55b6d-de8c-491b-9fcc-875d487af0bd.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m16ty View Post
    My Google-F00, shows that image in at least 280 sites. 28 pages at 10 per page. Oldest one I could find was 2002.
    Google

Regards Phil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default My Previous Monster and Current Lift

teco.jpghyster-3.jpg

My last lift was a 60's TECO CRAB Hi-lift. What a monster!, weighed in at about 11tons. It could lift about 1ton up 22 feet. Helped me out around the yard and to put up some buildings. Current forklift is a 90's HYSTER 50 that does everything I need it to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a little "get stuck everywhere" CAT 4K# that as long as it doesn't leave the concrete is great, but here is my workhorse, an 18K Taylor Yardster.mater.jpg The nickname of Mater fits it well if you've ever watched the cartoon "CARS"

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shutinlead View Post
    The nickname of Mater fits it well if you've ever watched the cartoon "CARS"
    The guys I got my big Hyster from called it "Big Kahuna" guess that's because it's painted in tropical colors and is about twice the physical size of a modern lift of the same capacity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My oldest learning how to drive my old Yale lift King. Think it's a 1952. 6k pound capacity, but it's picked up 8500.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10. Likes JHOLLAND1 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Green View Post
    My oldest learning how to drive my old Yale lift King. Think it's a 1952. 6k pound capacity, but it's picked up 8500.

What's the lift height on that thing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Strostkovy View Post
    What's the lift height on that thing?
    Right around 10 feet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here's my 5k Toyota...she starts as soon as the key is turned, and runs like a top.

Bought it off-lease back in 2010. We only use it maybe 15 minutes a week, but she currently reads 25k hours on the meter!

Only trouble I've had with it was a bad distributor. The famous "4Y" motor was used on all kinds of Toyotas, so I sourced the replacement distributor for a 1978 Corolla. $100 versus $500 from Toyota forklift dealer!

I do need to re-do the brakes, sometimes they are a little grabby and noisy. I would like to have the brake shoes on hand when we tear into it, but the damn Toyota parts manual lists "codes" instead of actual part numbers, so it's almost impossible to determine what pads I actually need until it's apart. May just have the original pads relined...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

olathe.jpg

This was going down the highway in Olathe, Kansas.

15. Likes cnctoolcat, atomarc, Strostkovy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yikes..I wonder if he actually knows what kind of weight he's hauling. I would have at least loaded it with the counterweight in.

Stuart

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here are a few random shots of the little Clark I own.
    About 5 years ago, I removed and put new seals in the mast cylinder. They were leather..... and the replacements I bought from Baum Iron in Omaha were leather, too.
    The man who helped me figure out what I needed there at Baum is an excellent parts man... Asked just the right questions and fixed me right up.!

clark.jpg

clark..jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did a little work on my fork lifts recently, so shot a couple of pics. The little Daewoo does ok on the gravel parking lot if you go slowly, and can get in/out of the warehouse. And with the personnel basket attachment lets us do things like working on the shop lights or hanging cool stuff from rafters safe and easy.

Purchased the old JD loader about 20 years ago, around here she is affectionately known as Simba (the elephant, not the cartoon lion). Simba can slip her tusks under an 8000 lb load and carry it thru a muddy field with ease. Attachments include a box blade that can be picked up with forks for spreading gravel, she can knock down a 12 yard load and smooth and compact it in about 10 minutes. Battled the mesquite bushes here for years, so some years back built an attachment that slid onto fork carriage, it allowed Simba to hook mesquite by the roots and rip the whole thing out of the ground. Somewhere out in the field is the bucket, we hardly use it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails daewoo.jpg   simba.jpg  

Woodland Hills, Ca. and some times Hutchinson, Ks.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=JoeE.;3150379]Here are a few random shots of the little Clark I own.
    About 5 years ago, I removed and put new seals in the mast cylinder. They were leather..... and the replacements I bought from Baum Iron in Omaha were leather, too.
    The man who helped me figure out what I needed there at Baum is an excellent parts man... Asked just the right questions and fixed me right up.!

/QUOTE]

Joe,

My Clark Clipper is like yours except no cage. I bought it from a place in York Ne that made coffins.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Picked this one up last week. 40k Taylor. Didn’t really need it and it needs some TLC and a different mast, but the price was right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails d119f3f1-09cf-49a2-8671-a0231469f8d4.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE. View Post
    olathe.jpg

This was going down the highway in Olathe, Kansas.
    Holy smokes!

That old Chevy is handling it surprisingly well, considering what kind of weight he's hauling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    Purchased the old JD loader about 20 years ago, around here she is affectionately known as Simba (the elephant, not the cartoon lion). Simba can slip her tusks under an 8000 lb load and carry it thru a muddy field with ease. Attachments include a box blade that can be picked up with forks for spreading gravel, she can knock down a 12 yard load and smooth and compact it in about 10 minutes. Battled the mesquite bushes here for years, so some years back built an attachment that slid onto fork carriage, it allowed Simba to hook mesquite by the roots and rip the whole thing out of the ground. Somewhere out in the field is the bucket, we hardly use it.
    Payloaders don't seem to get as much attention as forklifts when moving iron. But with a good operator they can really be useful. I really like my little W-11.