What's new
What's new

Sources of reach truck / order picker load wheels ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Same thing as pallet jack load wheels except larger... in this case they appear to be about 5.5" diameter (140mm ?) and 4" wide....dunno shaft diameter yet... For Jungheinrich EKS230. Can get them OEM but price is outrageous.. $270 each...and I need 4 of them. A place called "Intella Liftparts" can order them for $150 each, but even that seems twice what they should cost. Where else to look ?

They would look similar to this image, Jungheinrich part no. RL626828
5e168e38270c73201.jpg

I wonder if you can turn off the old poly, and mail them the centers for remolding ?

They ADVERTISE something like that:

REMOLDS/RECYCLE

Worth asking them?

Unless yah want to buy the plastics compounds (expensive, DAMHIKT!) to DIY yer own .. and have to .. literally "re-invent the wheel" ...as far as durometer goes to find out what they ... already know?

Yes, I recall many years ago turning off the remains (chip filled ones at that) rollers for the push around pallet jacks.
IIRC they got sent to maybe Superior in Warren, pa for new Poly, and then pop in some new bearings.

Don,

I have a Jungheinrich walkie stacker that needed a new drive wheel. Could not find one, only a listing for one about 900.00.

Ended up taking the steel wheel and had new urethane poured onto it.

If I remember the cost was 200.00. It was a company that dealt with forklift wheels. They service the port of Los Angeles.

Chuck
Burbank, CA

Yes, I recall many years ago turning off the remains (chip filled ones at that) rollers for the push around pallet jacks.
IIRC they got sent to maybe Superior in Warren, pa for new Poly, and then pop in some new bearings.

Any outfit as does them as a regular line of business has to have mastered the learning curve on the chemistry & cure, tooled-up and hired-up for it to provide reliable goods to stay in the bizness.

So yes. Rebuilt should do just fine. Sometimes, with a change to reflect the use experience, BETTER than new.

Probably several sources, the need being widespread enough.

Scottl's link looks interesting -- (they even do bandsaw tires molded onto wheels, for no slip.)

At 5.5" x 4", I'd be looking at standard pallet jack steer wheels, doubled up on the same axle. But I don't know the load rating you're shooting for...

The last 'rollers' I replaced on my pallet jack were 20mm shaft size, on a 5,500 lb jack.

I wonder if you can turn off the old poly, and mail them the centers for remolding ?
J&L Tire quoted $45 to recover each load wheel and $290 for the drive wheel.... the catch is the turnaround time (10 days plus shipping time) and they tell me ideally the poly should cure for 30 days before use......

Back