What's new
What's new

Vintage Clark Forklift

jerry13

Plastic
We have this 65 or 66 Clark Forklift.
No tag and no serial number on frame.

The counter balance is 8" in the center.

Could it be a C20, c25, c30 maybe?

If anyone can recommend an engine rebuilder for the flat 4 in this forklift in the Austin area I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Clark - Album on Imgur

If anyone can recommend an engine rebuilder for the flat 4 in this forklift in the Austin area I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Clark - Album on Imgur

I could not get your link to open. Quite honestly if engine is dead and needs rebuilding, its probably not worth it, even if you do the work yourself, either find a used engine, or give it last rights and call the scrap man.

I'll try this again.

Your link is not working for me. I have serious doubts that rebuilding the engine, especially if you farm it out, is going to be economically feasible, either find a replacement engine, or give it last rights and call the scrap man.

Thats a cute little guy. Looks like a solid aluminum steering wheel with a factory Brodie knob. Gotta love the air scoops on the sides. If you can change the engine yourself, check with Grindstaff Engines for a rebuilt engine.

Pics

NWSG4bV

That is a cute little lift...and well worth fixing ,too.....Its got a set of near new cushion tyres....at least $1000 worth ........OP says its a "flat four" assume he means flathead Continental F164 or the like.......There is no need to rebuild the engine like you would a car or truck......just fix what ails it and it will run for years puttering about......At worst ,a set of new rings,new valves and a block and head face,fix valve seats ,and a electronic ignition,it will be good as new.

Thanks

Clark - Album on Imgur
If I remember correctly the chrome louver on the end of each side door was a 66 year thing only. Machines a c-30 or larger with the horizontal tank mount like you have. I feel like it looks longer then my c30 but could be wrong

We have a vendor that has one of these, with the chrome bits on it as well. If I get the chance i will ask if he knows the year of the lift itself.

His has an engine from a '74 Ford Pinto in it. I don't know what went into modifying motor mounts, transmission, etc, but it is obviously possible if you set your mind to it!

Back