What's new
What's new

Warn 110vac Pullzall

ripperj

Stainless
I didn’t see much here about this winch

If you drag heavy stuff around by yourself you need this thing.

At first glance it looks like a plastic piece of crap(it kind of is), but it just works.
Because the housing is plastic, it’s very light weight, and that’s with the stock steel cable. Custom Splice makes a synthetic rope kit for it that I bought, but did not install yet.

Synthetic rope is stronger, lighter and safer than wire rope, you just have to watch for sharp edges and abrasions. When the synthetic rope fails, it’s pretty uneventful, the rope just falls to the ground , unlike a wire rope that releases a lot of energy in an exciting and f’n scary manner.

Looks kind of like a Milwaukee power tool, trigger operated, with a in/out switch and an on/off switch in the side.
I used it to drag a Fadal VMC 20 on 3/4 black pipe around my shop. (7-8000#). Heavy stuff on pipe rolls pretty easily if the pipe is clean and the floor is level and smooth. I thought my situation met those criteria, but it still took a decent amount of effort to move it( the couple times I nudged it with a bar)
The winch pulled it no problem

There were several times that I needed the machine to move sideways, so I had the pipes at 45deg with respect to the pull. The winch howled a bit, but worked fine.

It’s rated to lift 1000#, I’m not so sure I’d trust it for that, but Warns a good name, I’m sure it must be good for it.

If the the winch went up in a flash of fire and smoke on the final bump of the switch(it didn’t),I would still say it was worth the $187 I paid Amazon for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s rated to lift 1000#, I’m not so sure I’d trust it for that, but Warns a good name, I’m sure it must be good for it.

If the the winch went up in a flash of fire and smoke on the final bump of the switch(it didn’t),I would still say it was worth the $187 I paid Amazon for it.
It's gotta beat the hell out of cranking and resetting ratchets straps over and over, which was my old method. Thanks for the tip.

I bought this winch years ago to solve a specific problem and found that the machine wasn't what I had hoped for.
I was used to 12 volt and hand lever winches/comealongs so this 110 vac machine seemed to pop its overload breaker/thermal switch at levels that seemed pretty low. It's last job was pulling a small deck (5' by 20')to an upright position away from my house and it would pull a foot then quit.This was enough to let me prop it up in stages but for one continuous pull, no way, a 1000 lb 12 volt winch has more guts than this AC version

I've seen them for years, and wondered how well they worked. Seems like they work ok for pulling stuff on rollers, but not very well for actually lifting stuff. Seems great for portability though.

The winch has a short duty cycle, really low.
You can help the winch by having most of the line out, makes the effective pulley smaller.

In my situation , having to move the rigging around frequently, the duty cycle was no issue. And at times I was pulling the 8000# load sideways with only a couple feet of line out ( this is worst case scenario)

If you are not a rigger(I am ) you would be amazed at how rigging angles affect the load seen on the rigging and winch.
Effective winch loads can be double/triple even more with poor rigging practices.

I've used the pullzalls and they work OK.

I kind of got involved in the winch business by ending up with a few product lines from one of the big winch manufacturers. Not Warn, but I can tell you from very very inside info that Warn is absolutely no different from Harbor freight Badlands in terms of quality or service, but they will charge you much more. Their margins are insane.

The synthetic is pretty neat stuff.
Don't ever let it sit in the sun and you cannot let it slide on anything that isn't perfectly smooth.

If you want a synthetic line you might PM me. I have about 12 tons of new synthetic winch lines in stock and a few hundred extensions. Most made in UK, not china crap.

My favorite little winch is the Superwinch "Winch2Go" It's just a little guy in a tough plastic box, but they really pull hard and the box keeps everything you need in one place. In terms of quality/usefulness, I'd rate the winch2go an 8 or so and the Warn pullzall like a 3.

I bought a superwinch for my truck with synthetic line , I really like it . The pullzall is for when its too cold to open the door and use the truck.

I bought a winch to go for a friend. The only reason I didn’t get one for me was not wanting to deal with another battery.
The friend really abuses his and has good luck with it. He did blow the gearbox on one pulling a truck out of a ditch, but they sent him a new one under warranty (I have no idea what he told them happened.

The winch has a short duty cycle, really low.
You can help the winch by having most of the line out, makes the effective pulley smaller.

I looked at one today.

At #500 - 2 min on, 30 min cool down.
At #1000 - 1 min on, 30 min cool down.

What ever you're doing, you better get it done quick.

I think Ill be sticking with my old Yale lever chain hoists ,and the little mini Fuji for small stuff.....no need for batteries,and the only thing likely to burn out is me..

I just got a 110v version... I put an D ring under my tool box inline with my 2 post hoist so I can pull non running cars into the shop alone. Got a wireless remote.

Back