What's new
What's new

Where can I buy mechanical bottle jacks?

52 Ford

Stainless
I have a couple mechanical bottle jacks. They all came from Ford trucks. I like them. Completely mechanical, no oil. You can use them in any orientation, and you can make an adapter for a drill to drive them.

Where can I buy this style jack? I have a couple projects I want to use them for and don't have enough. I can get them at the scrap yard, but does anyone make them new?

I'd like to find them new or at least get a reasonably reliable supply of a consistent type.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The ones out of 3/4 and 1 ton trucks are fairly capable..................and most haven't been used much. I use Simplex style "rail jacks"

Screw jacks, you mean?

You want (alleged) US made:

Mechanical Jacks - Jacks, Lifts & Heavy Rollers - Categories | Page 2 | Page 2

(Alleged) German

Mechanical Screw Jack - Screw Jack

Or Chinese?

Strongway Screw Jack | Northern Tool + Equipment

ISTR Grainger/Zoro and Amazon also carry them?
Prolly the same ones as Northern?
It would be considered a kind of screw jack, yes. The kind I'm looking for in particular use a ring and pinion arrangement (I guess) to drive the screw and the nut is fixed to the... ram? I guess it'd be called a ram. The portion that translates up and down, anyway. The link you gave to the German screw jacks shows something like what I want. Thanks.

I'd still like to figure out who made the jacks that come with Ford trucks - at least used to; I think they have scissor jacks now. I keep a pair of them in my truck and I've used them for all kinds of stuff. With a drill, they're faster than a hydraulic bottle jack and they have a lot of travel for their size. I think they use a 2 stage lifting mechanism. Not sure what it'd look like, but it has more travel than the length of the housing. Like a multi-stage cylinder on a dump truck, but with screws. I'll cut one open when I get some more.

Not that it helps you find new ones, but my 79 C30 had that same style of jack clamped to the fender under the hood.

I buy the screw jacks off amazon. I just got some of the big red ones, been using them for many years to put machinery on dollies

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I had a 1999 Toyota Tacoma that had a nice screw jack for changing tires. Kept the jack when Toyota bought back the truck.
So, you're saying you have an extra jack that you're willing to donate to a very worthy cause?

Back