What's new
What's new

Why did Enterprise truck rental, and others, remove rates?

Bill D

Diamond
Six months ago Enterprise truck rental allowed you to book a truck and see rates by day and mileage costs. They were one of the few companies with lift gates that showed prices. They have dropped that and now want me to give them my phone number and email so they can bug me. For some reason I doubt that they will give me the home number of the boss or even the local salesmen.
They used to be one of the cheapest rates for box trucks but now who knows? I do not feel like calling 10 companies and waiting for calls. Do any companies still have catalogs with no price lists?
I guess it is a case of if you have to ask you can not afford enterprise. Or maybe they are going out of business and do not want to commit to any long term things since they may be gone next week?

Bill D

I just rented a truck from them a few weeks ago and most the prices were available online. I think it is related to availability. If the system can’t guarantee a truck then it says call to see if a human can sort it out.

At least here in MA most of the lift gate box trucks are $80-$100/ day at $.18/mile. Their CDW is reasonable too but I don’t remember what it is. I haven’t found anyone cheaper or easier.

There was a news segment on the rental truck industry a week or so ago, for some strange reason there is an exodus of people from some large cities and the business has responded by raising the rates. IIRC cali was mentioned, and they said rate for trucks leaving the state had gone up x10. Good luck on your move.

Rentals generally rely on equal traffic both ways.....if all one way ,ie ,out of town ,then there is cost to have the vehicles returned........Used to be one super cheap truck rental here,like $10 a day ,but they would hit the hirer with huge repair bill ,just a scam ,but went on for years,finally they got fined a couple of million for the practice............In fact ,its a bit like many govt things ,the wheels grind slow ,etc ......because the owner also got hit several million for demolishing several protected buildings ,and somewhere else for zoning violations ,again a couple of mill.

There was a news segment on the rental truck industry a week or so ago, for some strange reason there is an exodus of people from some large cities and the business has responded by raising the rates. IIRC cali was mentioned, and they said rate for trucks leaving the state had gone up x10. Good luck on your move.

Seconded. You won't see this in the Dumbasscraptic wedded-at-the-hip fake-news propaganda machine.

The hopeless stoopid are burning and looting s**t?

The insane Mayor-laters and Govern-taters are pretending it ain't happening and f**king-up their own Police.

The saner heads are doing the obvious.
Getting TF out of Dodge ... so as to put themselves, their families, and their goods out of range. Of either / both type of madness.

DJT going to send enough force to shut it down?

He ain't as stoopid as that. Send just enough it will NOT shut down.
Let the shiddies rot and die. They asked for it. They GOT it. They can suffer it.

Last chance at a Federal bailout? Pelosi and Schumer blew that already impossible bet away last week.

Self-fornicated States and Shiddies will repair themselves. Or will NOT.

Rest of America is impartial.

Got more important s**t of our own to see to.

Back