What's new
What's new

Wiggins forklift

Jeffnoregon

Plastic
Hello everyone , I bought an all terrain, highlift forklift that has no model/serial #tag , its a 1982 i believe, 6000lb capacity, with a 192 cubic inch ford. Could someone help me identify it so I can order parts?
Thanks

Hello everyone , I bought an all terrain, highlift forklift that has no model/serial #tag , its a 1982 i believe, 6000lb capacity, with a 192 cubic inch ford. Could someone help me identify it so I can order parts?
Thanks

Post some pictures.

Thanks
Have you asked Wiggins yet? They will "have their ways" to ID it, data plates or not!

+1 (805) 485-7821

[email protected]

http://wigginslift.com

I almost bought one, made several calls to Wiggins and they were very helpfull, the one I was looking at was 2wd and I found a JBL 4wd so I bought it instead but as said before call wiggins, good folks.

Thanks everyone for the information, thermite I called Wiggins they said the model number is also stamped on the frame, as you said they were very helpful. I am embarrassed to say I don't know how to post photos on the forum could some tell me?
Thanks

I don't know how to post photos on the forum could some tell me?
Thanks

When you are creating a post (or editing), the text window you type in has some icons at the top. One of the icons is a picture of a tree. Click that and follow the prompts. The icon next to it is a section of movie film strip, that is to embed video.

Buddy down here has a pair of those wiggins, one is 6k and the other 8k, both work good, 8k will need the velvet drive clutches changed very soon.

So my wiggins turned out to be a 1973 instead of a 1982. It wasn't running well, discovered it had a blown head gasket, it appeared to of been recently rebuilt, put a new gasket on runs great) wiggins was very helpful, ordered a seal kit for both tilt rams. Torque converter appears to have wrong oil in it (not atf) so ill change that, its abit lurchy, but the engine was running so rough its hard to say if its a torque converter issue at this point. Its a model wg 64 rt4 I learned.

So my wiggins turned out to be a 1973 instead of a 1982. It wasn't running well, discovered it had a blown head gasket, it appeared to of been recently rebuilt, put a new gasket on runs great) wiggins was very helpful, ordered a seal kit for both tilt rams. Torque converter appears to have wrong oil in it (not atf) so ill change that, its abit lurchy, but the engine was running so rough its hard to say if its a torque converter issue at this point. Its a model wg 64 rt4 I learned.

Some of these auto trans use universal tractor fluid instead of ATF. It will give the trans longer life but also make the clutches more grabby. That could be good or bad, depending on condition of the clutches. I have heard some diesel guys mix the tractor fluid and ATF to tune the amount of grab the auto clutches have. To much slip = more tractor fluid, whiplash on shifting then more ATF....

So my wiggins turned out to be a 1973 instead of a 1982. It wasn't running well, discovered it had a blown head gasket, it appeared to of been recently rebuilt, put a new gasket on runs great)

There were TWO versions of the Ford 192 industrial. The earlier type is a four-cylinder decendant of the 134/172 lineage.

Unlike the 192 THREE CYLINDER gas, the 192 four is a remarkably weak powerplant... and they tend to develop hot spots in the head casting and warp, as there's a spot where steam bubbles accumulate and prevent cooling.

There is a modification that will eliminate the hot-spot, it involves careful measuring and drilling of the head, adding a pipe tap point, and NPT barb, and some heater hose to return to the neck. I did it with my Hyster H50H... if you search other boards for Ford Industrial 192 Gurus, you'll find a detailed explanation of the cooling system mod.

Back