What's new
What's new

Wrong way to pull motor

true temper

Stainless
As seen on the internet.
511f9363254a135d71a34d27f405f515.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could not do that in my shop. I don't have eight propane tanks all the same height. :-)

Use acetylene/oxygen tanks on the other side for added extra suspense. :D

Nothing better than toppled over acetylene tank that is starting to hiss and heat up :crazy:

Why all the complication? wouldn't it have been far quicker to hook the motor to the bottom of the partially opened garage door and then use the electric door opener to hoist the motor out?

On further inspection of the goofy photo and to add credence to my 'fake news' appraisal, it would appear the engine is actually hanging bass-ackwards from how a typical engine might be removed from a vehicle. As it stands, the engine would have to be raised above the cab for the car or truck to be extricated from the garage. The lash-up of rigging doesn't seem to allow the engine to be swiveled so it must have been pulled the way it's hanging..the car or truck was 'backed' into the garage. A normal person wouldn't do that...so, it truly is a fake pix!

Stuart

It looks to me like he got the engine from a salvage yard and just pulled it off the back of his truck.

Well...I didn't think of that but I'll bet you are correct. There aren't the plethora of scattered tools that might indicate a removal from a car or truck.

Stuart

That has to be fake news...there cannot be anyone dumb enough to do that.

Stuart

You would be surprised! Iworked with a guy that was "working" on a lawn tractor and was using a big piece of brass (that we used as a beater so ends were rounded and mushroomed) and a couple pieces of 2x4 underneath to prop it up. It fell on him, nothing serious, but was a truly head shaking moment.

I remember in Junior college reading in the school newspaper that a student was working under a car and the concrete blocks holding it up failed and he went to the hospital. He had been in some autoshop classes and said the safety stands where just for class when the instructor was watching.
Bill D

Its a fake IMHO.....the balance would be near flywheel ,and there is no way the beam would be stable end on....I know these things ,cause Ive tried them...but Ive seen wonkier setups to pull truck engines weighing 3/4 ton............in the 70 s a supplier sold a set of pipe frames that attached to the wheel studs ,and allowed the car to be rolled on its side .........this was a take on the popular way of rolling a car on a grassy patch ....cars were built solid in those days.

Back