What's new
What's new

1986 Mazak YMS H25Q: Detecting no signal X Axis Alarm

RustyRedneck

Aluminum
Hey fellas, Just curious if any of you could help. I went out to the shop and tried to fire up the Mazak YMS H25Q. When I fired it up it showed alarm number 9: Detecting No Signal X-Axis. It says in the book that this means there's no signal coming back from the X-axis resolver. Where do I start? I took the connection apart on the encoder on the back of the X-Axis servo and put it back together thinking there might be a bad connection and taking it apart and putting it back together will fix it. I don't know how to test the encoder or if I can. It's never acted up before for me. I have access to a multi-meter. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!:scratchchin:

Exchange X axis resolver with any other resolver.
If problem follows its a bad resolver, if problem still on X axis problem probably i the driver.
I Think you even can Exchange X driver with any of the Y or Z driver.

Yes it did come with a maintenance manual. But it's quicker to ask a question on here on my way out the door at night and get a couple possible solution than it is to figure out how read it and find out the pages I need are missing. I will try changing the resolver in a little bit here. There are no other alarms. That one acts as an E-stop.

We just happened to have a spare encoder that came with the machine. The threads on the plug were messed up. Straightened those out and plugged it in, worked fine but since it wasn't hooked up to the servo, the machine just started going in Rapid in the X+ direction. Shut it down and changed the old one out. Fired it up again and we're back in business. Now I have to see if a guy can get more of those encoders in case the others decide to fail. Thanks for the help guys!

So, if anybody knows where a guy could find another Sanyo Denki Type: RST-5X Spec: BKO-NC6060 P/N: G1211-838, let me know. Or at least what the difference is between a BKO-NC6060 and a BKO-NC6075. Thanks!

Mentioned the manual because my mills has a section how to diagnose that very thing. Are the encoders cleanable? To add more service life ?

Mentioned the manual because my mills has a section how to diagnose that very thing. Are the encoders cleanable? To add more service life ?

You've got a way better manual than me. Mine shows wiring diagrams and a what the alarms mean and why they showed up but no actual procedures on how to fix anything. I had to be taught, by a guy who has been running around fixing machines for the last 20 years, how to read it to hot wire the machine when certain things don't work or get out of sync. Maybe it tells me how to fix it in the Japanese or French writing.

We just happened to have a spare encoder that came with the machine. The threads on the plug were messed up. Straightened those out and plugged it in, worked fine but since it wasn't hooked up to the servo, the machine just started going in Rapid in the X+ direction. Shut it down and changed the old one out. Fired it up again and we're back in business. Now I have to see if a guy can get more of those encoders in case the others decide to fail. Thanks for the help guys!

hello. this is the room you changed?. thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20211013_082047.jpg
    IMG_20211013_082047.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 20

Back