What's new
What's new

1987 qt8 T2 help!

Outcast8

Plastic
Need some help with my qt8 t2, it sat for a long time before I purchased it so I replaced the backup batteries first thing. Once I powered it up it wouldn’t stay on unless you held down the on button and the screen was green snow. I found it had a 24v short and after speaking with Mitsubishi found that the fx773 board was bad, also replaced the power supply pcd14. Replaced the board now it will stay on but that’s it no screen but will flash on power up & off and all 0’s on control, I’ve tried the initializing process multiple times that Mazak sent me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

If you wont get anything on the screen I guess your monitor is broken or maybe the board that I dont remember the FX number of.
I have replaced 2 old monitors with an video converter and a VGA monitor.

If you wont get anything on the screen I guess your monitor is broken or maybe the board that I dont remember the FX number of.
I have replaced 2 old monitors with an video converter and a VGA monitor.

If I put the old board back in with the original power on issue the monitor will stay on if the on button is held down, speaking with Mazak and Mitsubishi they said that’s a good thing so I’m assuming the monitor is ok.

Check all your control cards are seating well --- this is tricky, as you can think they're all seated, when one may not be. I like to pop them in/out to help clean the contacts too.

The re-initialize procedure has to work, else you've still got a board issue.

The FX784-8 and FX784-9 are the main memory boards, so if the machine won't re-initialize, it could be one of these boards to blame. You can source spares on ebay, but make sure both boards come as a set (different revisions may not be compatible), and that the boards are for "YT2" (Yamazaki Turning T-2), and NOT "YMV2" (Yamazak Milling Vertical M-2).

Good luck, let us know how you fare with it.

ToolCat

Check all your control cards are seating well --- this is tricky, as you can think they're all seated, when one may not be. I like to pop them in/out to help clean the contacts too.

The re-initialize procedure has to work, else you've still got a board issue.

The FX784-8 and FX784-9 are the main memory boards, so if the machine won't re-initialize, it could be one of these boards to blame. You can source spares on ebay, but make sure both boards come as a set (different revisions may not be compatible), and that the boards are for "YT2" (Yamazaki Turning T-2), and NOT "YMV2" (Yamazak Milling Vertical M-2).

Good luck, let us know how you fare with it.

ToolCat

ToolCat looks like someone was playing with it before I got it the fx784-9 board is a YM2! Thanks a bunch I’ll get one on the way and see what happens.

I forgot to mention, later versions of the T-2 came with only one main memory board, a FX884.

(Earlier versions had two, the FX784-8 and FX784-9)

I have read where someone successfully used a FX884 to replace the FX784-8 and -9...

All the chips on the board can be copied using a chip read/writer (or similar, it's called...??).

I haven't copied the chips, but it's something I (we) should get around to, if we plan to keep running the 'ol T-2's...

ToolCat

I forgot to mention, later versions of the T-2 came with only one main memory board, a FX884.

I have read where someone successfully used a FX884 to replace the FX784-8 and -9...

All the chips on the board can be copied using a chip read/writer (or similar, it's called...??).

I haven't copied the chips, but it's something I (we) should get around to, if we plan to keep running the 'ol T-2's...

ToolCat

I’ve got a fx884 and a fx784-9, the fx784 is the one that was a YM2.

ToolCat
Ordered the fx784-9 board and received a fx727 :-/ but for giggles I replaced it and left the fx784-9 out. Hit the power on and bam it’s on, hydraulics are running and screen is perfect! Now going to attempt installing parameters.

I believe the FX727 board contains the PLC programming and ladder, as it too has a battery.

Good you got it powered up!

Sometimes when entering the parameters, you might encounter some that won’t take data, only showing “***”.

This can be a killer, or I’ve seen machines run fine with a few parameters starred out. Just have to press on to see...

ToolCat

The program protect key must be in the unprotect position to
properly complete the initialize, and enter parameters.

All the chips on the board can be copied using a chip read/writer (or similar, it's called...??). "A PROM burner"

ToolCat

If any of you folks have a newer machine with the M/T-32 control and have the FR-SF spindle control,
there is an eprom inside and an X2864AP-25 chip for parameters.
Best to back both of them up before you get a parameter alarm.

Bill

So as this drama was unfolding, I got a call from a customer 1.5 Hr. one way that he has a parameter error on his
VQC-1540. It turned out to be on the FR-SF spindle control.
Monday I went to a customer (1 hour one way the other way) that has an identical machine and copied the Parameter chip to my Prom Burner computer.
Then today I went back and copied the image to the chip giving the parameter error.
Problem solved.

Hopefully this will increase the urgency to make copies of this old code while it is not giving problems.

Bill

So as this drama was unfolding, I got a call from a customer 1.5 Hr. one way that he has a parameter error on his
VQC-1540. It turned out to be on the FR-SF spindle control.
Monday I went to a customer (1 hour one way the other way) that has an identical machine and copied the Parameter chip to my Prom Burner computer.
Then today I went back and copied the image to the chip giving the parameter error.
Problem solved.

Hopefully this will increase the urgency to make copies of this old code while it is not giving problems.

Bill
Well I’ve entered in the parameters but all I can get the machine to do is open/close the chuck and unlock turret, I have a alarm 14 z axis drive servo and NC & MC leds. I swapped the boards around from x to z and the alarm followed it. Can’t get the spindle or either axis to move but I’m not giving up!

Well I’ve entered in the parameters but all I can get the machine to do is open/close the chuck and unlock turret, I have a alarm 14 z axis drive servo and NC & MC leds. I swapped the boards around from x to z and the alarm followed it. Can’t get the spindle or either axis to move but I’m not giving up!

You will not get anything to move till you deal with the servo alarm, you are probably in estop besides.

Hello everyone!
I recently became the proud owner of a Mazak QT 8SP on a Mazatrol T-2, but I don't have any information about it. Does anyone have an electronic manual?

Last edited:
Verifique se todos os seus cartões de controle estão bem encaixados --- isso é complicado, pois você pode pensar que estão todos sentados, quando um pode não estar. Eu gosto de colocá-los dentro/fora para ajudar a limpar os contatos também.

O procedimento de reinicialização tem que funcionar, senão você ainda tem um problema na placa.

O FX784-8 e o FX784-9 são as principais placas de memória, portanto, se a máquina não reinicializar, pode ser uma dessas placas a culpada. Você pode obter peças sobressalentes no ebay, mas certifique-se de que ambas as placas venham como um conjunto (revisões diferentes podem não ser compatíveis) e que as placas sejam para "YT2" (Yamazaki Turning T-2) e NÃO "YMV2" (Yamazak Milling Vertical M-2).

Boa sorte, deixe-nos saber como você se sai com isso.

ToolCat
Amigo tenho um problema com os parâmetros OP do QT8 T2 , não aceita eu digitar tudo 0
Sabe como faço pra digitar

Back